ECO Canada is the steward for the Canadian environmental workforce across all industries. From job creation and wage funding, to training and labour market research – we champion the end-to-end career of an environmental professional. Our efforts promote and drive responsible and sustainable economic growth to ensure that environmental care and best practice are a priority.
We gather and analyze skills and labour market trends within the environmental workforce and provide up-to-date, relevant data and insights for policy, business and educational purposes. Our reports support our stakeholders in four key areas: (1) employers—plan and attract qualified candidates, (2) individuals—prepare for and build environmental careers, (3) governments—develop programs and update policies, (4) educators and trainers—adapt offerings to prepare the workforce that is and will be in demand.
We provide competitive benefits and compensation with a great work environment. We are serious about performance, but we also know how to celebrate successes and have fun along the way!
Are you looking for a role where you will truly make a difference and contribute to a growing sector in Canada? ECO Canada is looking for performance-driven individual to join the team for a summer internship. Reporting to the Director of Research, the successful candidate will have a passion for the environment and expertise in labour market and occupational research.
As a key member of the Research team, the Research Assistant (LMI) will be responsible for supporting labour market research projects. The specific duties performed by the Research Assistant will be determined by the current phase of each research project and the priority of research tasks.
While each member of ECO Canada has individual responsibilities, ECO takes a team-based approach. Everyone is encouraged to take ownership of his/her ideas and to see them through to completion, collaborating with key influencers as required.
- Reviewing, compiling, and editing research reports and project documents
- Assisting with designing and programming surveys and interview guides
- With support from the Research Team, inputting and analyzing data collected from different research methodologies including surveys
- Attending meetings with the Research Team
- Transcribing one-on-one interviews, focus groups, and Advisory Committee meetings
- Responding to data requests and providing regular support to peers and leaders
- Other duties as required
Qualifications and Education
- Currently enrolled in post-secondary studies in Economics, Policy Studies, Human Resources or a related discipline
- Familiarity with Labour Market Information is essential; familiarity with Labour Market Information specific to environmental employment is a bonus
- Working knowledge of practice, methods, and techniques used with labour market research and data analysis
- Ability to interpret information and synthesize complex ideas
- Experience with MS Office and SurveyMonkey
- Strong technical and journalistic writing skills
- Excellent reading and listening skills
- English fluency – French is an asset
- Committed, self-motivated and a great attitude
This is a temporary 8-week contract position, funded by Canada Summer Jobs 2022. If you feel you are the perfect fit for this position and are looking to join a company culture that is fun, flexible and defined by our collective drive for success, please apply now through our website. Please upload your resume and cover letter as one PDF file.
Applicants who do not include a cover letter will not be considered.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.