The Electrical Engineer will report to the
Manager, Sustaining Engineering and will be responsible for offering technical
and operational support to Photon Control’s existing product portfolio ensuring
the continuity and high quality of product supply to its key customers.
The Electrical Engineer will work in close
co-operation with the Change Management, Operations and Product Management
teams to proactively manage product obsolescence and quality issues.
- Provide planning and resources to maintain a
seamless transition through component change management and obsolescence of
- Support procurement, quality, and manufacturing,
resolving technical issues that are impacting deliverables and/or product
quality and reliability.
- Assist in failure and root cause analysis
investigations (NC/CA, FA, 8D etc.) and, when required, execute effective,
practical, controlled corrective action to eliminate future re-occurrence.
- Support engineers and customers in the field with
troubleshooting wide range of electrical components, advise and background
- Write and edit technical documentation to enable
controlled implementation of any changes to release products following the
- Prequalification on the selected key components
with different test cases.
- Perform second sourcing, cost reduction, and other
sustaining engineering activities.
- Assess risk of solutions on the technical review
board and participate and support design reviews and risk assessments.
- Plan HALT and other reliability tests to
efficiently validate solutions.
- Able and willing to carry out any other duties and
projects as required by the company.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Electrical
- 2-3 years of related experience in a similar
technical support role
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving skills, with
strong attention to details.
- Excellent communication and good technical written
- Familiar with CAD modeling, ideally Altium to
create/modify existing design on PCBAs.
- PLM knowledge, preferably experience with Arena.
- Flexible and willing to work in very fast-paced
environment where tasks and priorities may change often.
This position comes with an excellent compensation and benefits package. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Photon Control Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering a diverse, representative, and inclusive work environment where all employees are treated equally. Thank you for your interest in a career with us.