The Box Office Cashier sells movie tickets and gift cards. In addition, the Box Office Cashier is responsible for answering guests questions regarding current and upcoming films, pricing, and policies. This person is the first O’neil Cinemas employee that a customer sees. It is imperative to provide a positive and lasting first impression.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ensures that each customer receives outstanding customer service by providing a customer friendly environment which includes greeting and acknowledging every guest, maintaining outstanding standards, movie knowledge, and all other components of Guest Service
- Accurately completes ticket transactions by greeting each guest, requesting guests OC Loyalty card (if they don’t have them, offer to sign them up), repeating back the ticket request, assisting the guest with choosing the reserved seating, operating the touchscreen POS, completing cash, credit, voucher, or gift card transactions. Finally, thanking the customer and issuing the guest their movie tickets.
- Ensures security of all box office cash, tickets, gift cards, etc.
- Maintains proper level of cash in cash drawers.
- Knowledge of all courtesy tickets, discount tickets, and promotions.
- Knowledge of counterfeit bill procedures.
- Proper loading of ticket paper.
- Completes daily pass log.
- Refund and void procedures.
- Sell out procedures
- Enforces the MPAA rating system and OC policies to keep underage guests from purchasing tickets to films that are restricted to adult audiences.
- Proper phone usage and etiquette.
- Knowledge of all emergency, evacuation, robbery, and additional safety procedures.
- Keeps box office clean and organized
- Completes various reports as needed.
- Working knowledge of the ADA equipment provided and the procedures for distribution to guests.
- Answers all guest questions accurately and courteously or quickly direct them to the appropriate resource.
- Adheres to all Company policies, procedures, and practices.
- Knowledge and compliance of OC dress code.
- Maintains regular personal attendance for all scheduled shifts.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- SMILE, GREET, AND THANK EACH PATRON
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Excellent guest service skills
- Aptitude for math and cash handling
- Good verbal communication skills-in person and over the phone
- Can work effectively and efficiently in high volume setting
- Follows instructions
- Able to work effectively with co-workers and supervisors
- Works with minimal supervision
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Basic knowledge of POS systems