Hotel Sales Director
At Murphy Hospitality Group (MHG), we pride ourselves on an exceptionally high standard of quality service and products. It takes the best people to reach this higher standard of excellence. We believe in extensive training and providing our people with an excellent benefits program, competitive wages, professional development and advancement opportunities. At MHG, it’s all about the people!
With some of Atlantic Canada’s Premiere Hotels, MHG’s purpose is to create a memorable experience designed around comfort, a superior guest service, and attention to detail. At our properties, including The Great George Hotel and The Hotel on Pownal in Charlottetown, as well as the Loyalist Country Inn in Summerside, you’ll find an intimate escape from city life with personalized services and engaging hospitality.
MHG Hotels has an exciting and unique opportunity for a Director of Sales. The Director of Sales will oversee and manage all sales related functions of the hotel division to ensure maximum revenue and promotional coverage. This role will be highly collaborative, working closely with The Chief Hotel Officer, General Managers, Revenue Management and the Marketing Team to develop strategies to maximize REVPAR and grow Market Share.
As the Hotel Sales Director, You Will
- Maintain and promote a teamwork with clear, effective communication
- Ensure client/guest service standards are met through communication amongst all properties
- Work to ensure hotels meet or exceed budgeted goals
- Promote, record, track and report on company cross-selling procedures
- Utilize company profile database to determine geographic areas for travel agent calls while maintaining top and existing travel agent accounts
- Organize travel agent month and travel agent appreciation rates for slow months
- Assist with the development and implementation of internal and external promotional packages
- Implement business development practices aimed at attracting new business and systematically conduct sales calls to close on business opportunities
- Attend and contribute to the bimonthly revenue and sales meetings
- Develop, update, and maintain accountability for the sales strategy and strategic plan with the Chief Hotel Officer and General Managers
- Leads on-property sales functions to build long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievements of hotels sales objectives.
- Maintain and expand corporate incentive programs via mail, digital, personal visits, etc.
- Follow and promote hotel standards with guests and co workers
- Attend various events throughout the PEI and Canada to promote the MHG brand
- Evaluate and drive the properties participation in the various sales channels, market sales, event booking centres, electronic lead channels
- Execute and support the operational aspects of business booked (e.g. generate proposals, write contracts, develop client correspondence)
Who You Are
- A high degree of commercial awareness and business acumen
- Ability to understand the links between sales and profit
- Tremendous customer service skills and attention to detail
- Strong negotiation skills and the ability to close on sales
- Exceptional written and verbal communicator with a professional, friendly attitude towards clients and co workers
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, able to effectively collaborate internally and externally
- Self-driven with a sense of urgency, able to provide timely response to clients and co-workers
What You Bring
- Diploma or a Degree in Business or Hotel and Restaurant Management is preferred
- 3 to 5 years in a hotel sales or in a similar environment is preferred
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation
- Health, vision, and dental benefits
- MHG Wellness & Fitness Programs
- Employee Family Assistance Program
- Growth and professional development opportunities
- Discounts at all MHG locations across Atlantic Canada as well as local shops and services
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position