TITLE: Intern, Game Night
REPORTS TO: Coordinator, Development
Snider Hockey is a nationally acclaimed non-profit that uses the sport of hockey to educate and empower under-resourced youth of Philadelphia to prosper in the game of life. Evidence-based outcomes are young citizens who:
- Achieve academic success as they matriculate from Crayons through College;
- Consistently make healthy and thoughtful life choices;
- Serve as positive role models to the next generation of Snider Hockey student-athletes;
- Realize gainful and rewarding employment; and
- Give back to their community.
The Game Night Intern will assist and learn how to implement various interactions at the Wells Fargo Center during the Flyers home games. This position is open to students looking to gain well-rounded experience and exposure to aspects of the sports industry including Sports Management, Communications, Community Relations, and Coaching. This position is for the hockey season.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Attend 1-3 Flyers home games per week, staffing the Snider Hockey kiosk, promoting various items and upcoming foundation events.
- Inform any fans what the mission of Snider Hockey is and programs offered.
- Address inquiries regarding Snider Hockey, which includes but are not limited to; programming, volunteering, and donations (financial and equipment).
- Must be at games at least half an hour prior to doors opening and will be required to stay until the start of the 3rd period.
- Perform other duties assigned by the Development Coordinator.
- College juniors, seniors or graduate students- both working for earned credits or extra resume experience.
- Availability to work game days and special events will be required, including nights and weekends.
- Candidates must demonstrate professionalism, a customer-first attitude, and enthusiasm.
- Strong computer, verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Housing and transportation are the responsibility of the student.
Pay Status: This is an Unpaid Internship. No financial compensation is available, but students are eligible to receive academic credit.
- Yes / No: Are you a college junior, senior or grad student seeking an internship to fulfill and academic credit requirement?
- Yes / No: Do you have housing in the Philadelphia area?
Ed Snider Youth Hockey Foundation is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled