Sr. QA Engineer
Primary Job Duties/Functions:
As Quality Assurance Engineer, you’ll be responsible for applying your expertise to develop and execute requirements, procedures, and guidelines for the testing of all technical applications and systems before deployment, ensuring they are performing according to specifications and free of bugs. This includes:Responsibilities:
● Working closely with cross functional teams, including product design, product management and production, to identify and mitigate quality risks.
● Interpret requirements and design to come up with end to end test plans/scenarios and overall test strategy.
● Documentation and communication of project test plans, test results, testing status, and metrics.
● Manage all risks associated with testing and take preventative action when any risks become unacceptable and communicate risks to the product, team and manager.
● Work under minimal supervision. Relies on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish assigned goals.
● Analyze test results and coordinate with development teams for defect fixes
● Create and maintain functional tests for web applications using PractiTest & Rainforest QA
● Working with SQL databases to write SQL queries to retrieve/update data
● Automate end to end tests for web applications using Java/Selenium WebDriver
● Experience with testing large, complex client facing web platforms and troubleshooting potential issues in these environments.
● Solid test planning skills, with a strong appreciation for the need to provide well-documented test strategies, procedures, and results.
● Strong attention to detail, analytical, and debugging skills
● Effective verbal and written communications are critical
● Familiar with Agile / SCRUM / Waterfall methodologies
● Experience using Issue & Project Tracking Software (Experience with JIRA is an advantage)
● Experience using Test Management Tools (Experience with PractiTest is an advantage)
● Experience using external Software Testing Platforms (Experience with RainforestQA is an advantage)
● Experience in writing and running SQL queries
● Experience using API tests tools (Experience with Postman is an advantage)
● Experience in test automation (Experience with Java/Selenium WebDriver is an advantage)
● Exceptional work ethic, team spirit, and passion for your craft
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
● 5+ years related experience required executing & developing manual/semi-automatic tests
● Applicable industry/professional certification preferred.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position