Berg Construction in Morgantown, PA, is searching for an experienced Lowbed Truck Driver with a Class A CDL. Must have experience driving a lowbed truck with capacity of more than 30 tons, to transport heavy equipment to and from specified destinations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Must have a Class A CDL with 1-3 years minimum experience
- Performs all work adhering to OSHA and Berg Safety policies.
- Drives lowbed truck to destination. Prepares trailer for equipment to be picked up.
- Loads heavy equipment on to trailer. Drives to assigned job site and unloads equipment from lowbed trailer.
- Performs pre and post trips on lowbed tractor daily.
- Maintains truck log, according to state and federal regulations and company policy.
- Maintains telephone or radio contact with dispatchers to receive pickup and delivery instructions. Loads and unloads truck.
- Inspects truck equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, and water.
- Positions blocks and secures equipment during transit in accordance with federal guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Berg Construction is an excavation / site work contractor that has completed work in multiple sectors, from residential to government contracts. Established in 2000 and incorporated in 2004 we have the manpower and equipment to complete public and private work of any size. Our spectrum of services includes commercial utilities and site work, residential excavating and site work, waste management, golf courses and asphalt paving. Berg was built on the principle of teamwork and the foundation of a strong work ethic. To build enduring infrastructure, we must have highly capable, autonomous and trustworthy teams.
We are continually working to build a team of the best people who are hungry to grow and teach. We do our best to keep stress levels low and treat everyone with respect. We provide year-round work to keep steady paychecks and the potential for overtime. Bonuses are awarded when the company does well.
We want Berg Construction to be a long-term home for people looking to make a career out of building. A strong work ethic is just as important to us as an existing skillset. While our work is often tough, we get the satisfaction of seeing our enduring infrastructure projects improve the community.