Seasonal Event Staff
Seasonal Event Staff
ArtsQuest Values Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging.
Our employees are the most valuable assets we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and the organization’s achievement as well.
At ArtsQuest a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace is one where all employees feel valued and respected whatever their age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, and/or veteran status. We embrace and encourage our employees’ characteristics that make them unique, because we value and appreciate diverse life experiences.
Reports To: Director of Safety and Event Services, Event Services Manager
Position Overview: Ensure a safe and fun environment for all staff, patrons and performers and contribute to the ArtsQuest experience by delivering exceptional customer service with a smile.
- Welcome all visitors to ArtsQuest facilities and provide information about ArtsQuest, its programs and facilities.
- Provide exceptional customer service to all guests, clients, performers/artists, vendors, and constituents; provide assistance as needed.
- Perform safety patrols on respective shift, reporting to supervisor any potential hazards or safety concerns.
- Assist with rules and policy enforcement for festivals and events.
- Assist with weather or incident emergency evacuations.
- Provide assistance during medical incidents by notifying the appropriate staff.
- Provide access control to restricted areas, enforcing badge procedures at entrances and exits during festivals and events.
- Provide access control and safety to parking lots for applicable events.
- Assist House Managers and ushers in seating, as needed.
- Assist Operations in set up and tear down when needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Must be available to work between May and August.
- Must be friendly, personable and have excellent communication skills.
- Must be a team player and be able to work well with others; previous customer service experience preferred (at least 1 year); must have strong people skills, including diplomacy and empathy.
- Must be available nights and weekends and holidays, sometimes long and unusual hours; shift work may be required.
- Ability to multi-task, detail-oriented, and able to problem solve in order to effectively deal with internal and external customers, occasionally under stressful conditions.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
- Ability to follow and communicate clear guidelines and work at a quick pace, particularly during events and other functions.
- Ability to multi-task with ease; organized, accurate and cooperative.
- Read, write, speak and understand the English language at a level adequate to perform the job; bi-lingual in Spanish, or Asian dialect a plus.
- Ability to satisfactorily complete a PA Criminal History Check and PA Child Abuse Clearance.
- Must be available to work between May and August 2022.
- Musikfest 2022 will be held between Friday August 5 - Sunday August 14. Event staff need to be able to attend at least 6 of the days but preferably every day.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Must be able to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions (heat, cold, rain, etc.).
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift items up to 25 pounds frequently, with or without reasonable accommodation; Ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally with the assistance of others.
- Ability to kneel, stoop, bend, lift, push, pull, pinch, grip, reach over head, reach away from body, and repetitive motion.
- Ability to speak, see, hear, smell, feel (identify objects by touch), depth perception and color vision.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Seasonal staff who work through Musikfest will be eligible to receive an additional $350 bonus!
*Must be able to commit to working a minimum of 5 shifts (a single shift is defined as a scheduled 5 hours) for a total of 25 hours over the course of Musikfest, to be eligible to receive the bonus.
2022 Musikfest Dates: August 5-15.
ArtsQuest maintains a culture of C.A.R.E.S.; Creativity, Adaptability, Risk Taking, Evaluation and Sustainability. In addition, ArtsQuest has very high standards for accountability and ownership of all of our employees’ actions, whose contributions to the organization all relate to customer service. It is our goal to maintain these high standards in order to deliver the most exceptional experiences to both our internal and external customers. We work hard, but we play harder. It’s the reason we’re here!
Candidates from underrepresented communities are encouraged to apply!
FLSA Status: Seasonal Non-Exempt
ArtsQuest is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.