In 2023, we changed our name from Anderson Engineering, Inc. to OWN, Inc. to be more reflective of our team and the mindset that makes us go. While the name may be new, the links to the past have led us to what we are today: a community of talented employee-owners driven by mutual success.
OWN, Inc. is an engineering firm that believes in the power of employee-ownership. Our talented team builds futures while helping shape the built environment across the country from our offices in Missouri, Kansas, Arkansas, and Florida. We serve the Private Development and Public Infrastructure markets with core offerings of Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Land Surveying, and Field Services. No matter the project or scope, our clients enjoy problem-solving and service that goes beyond the expected.
We are looking for a Proposal Coordinator to join our team.
In this role you will be helping drive OWN’s growth through proposal creation, leading strategic pursuits and brand recognition. You will be involved in all aspects of the proposal cycle from researching upcoming opportunities, to kicking off the proposal, to designing and submitting it to helping with the interview and debriefing afterwards. You will use your creative brain often, manage and improve processes, help the firm win work and have fun! We are looking for someone who can lead a project from start to finish, can prioritize and juggle multiple projects and deadlines at once, enjoys working both on a team and independently and has a passion for professional services marketing.
What you will do:
- Leads the proposal development efforts which include writing portions of technical content, creating design and layout, soliciting input from teammates, creating and imposing deadlines, corresponding with external subconsultants, etc.
- Identify and monitor SOQ/proposal criteria, ensure response is fully compliant
- Oversee production and arrange for on-time delivery of SOQs/proposals
- Maintain scheduling and tracking systems for individual pursuit and proposal elements
- Works closely with interview team in presentation development and participates in interview preparation
- Writes résumes, boilerplate information, project descriptions, etc.
- Works with technical staff to develop and write proposal sections and scopes of work
- Maintain systems to extract, categorize, and retrieve information related to clients, consultants, personnel, projects, prior proposals, boilerplate, visuals, and mailing lists
You will be a great fit if you:
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Graphic Design, Communications or similar
- Have Architecture, Engineering, and Construction industry knowledge
- Have proposal experience
- Are a technical expert in InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Premiere Pro
- Are proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Are familiar with Google Workspace
- Approach design with creativity and discipline
- Have a love for processes, proofing and error-checking.
- Are organized and can juggle multiple tasks at once
- Enjoy taking initiative and are self motivated
- Understand analytics that translate marketing KPIs
- Enjoy task driven work and checking things off the list
- Are respectful of others
- Are not afraid to ask questions
- Have a love for trying new things
- Enjoy continued learning
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Can take direction and criticism from others well
- Take ownership of your role and assignments
- Enjoy teleworking and communicating through various forms of digital platforms
- Are an active member of the design and marketing community
- Think this job description sounds awesome!
When you join us, you can find your own way through:
1. Community. Giving of time, treasures, and talents to fulfill personal passions and show up in your community.
2. Empowerment. Our employees are given full reign and the trust to make decisions in the best interest of their clients and teams.
3. Flexibility. The freedom to be a professional. The freedom to be a person.
4. ESOP. Our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) is owned 100% by employees – equitably, a fact most employee-owned firms can’t claim.
5. Having fun. Laughing, jokes, high fives, celebrations – we take our work seriously but not ourselves.
6. Teamwork. A sense of belonging, learning from those around you, and feeling like you’re on the winning team.
It is the policy of OWN, Inc. to provide equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to their race, age, color, physical handicap or disability, military service record, religion, sex, national origin or any other categorization protected by law, and to promote the full realization of equal employment opportunity through a positive continuing program.