Do you want to join a growing company with a proven track record for success and growth? Wenner Bakery is part of Europastry, a family business founded in Barcelona in 1987 by Pere Galles with locations worldwide! The bakery business is our passion and this is your opportunity to be a member of our team.
We are searching for a motivated & experienced Electrical Automation Engineer to join our Ronkonkoma Team.
This position is responsible for program automation and overseeing controls systems involving Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC). Provides support to production staff by programming, testing, troubleshooting and inspecting PLC controls, assemblies and systems.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
· Performs equipment repairs through electrical troubleshooting and diagnosis, adjusts, and replaces defective components in an efficient manner to minimize downtime.
· Sets up, programs, modifies, and maintains a variety of PLC controls, HMI’s, SCADA software, and reporting applications.
· Works with industrial PC’s, networks, servers, controls, and optics to maximize equipment efficiency and uptime. Interfaces PLC’s to Personal Computers and other peripherals.
· Creates and reads logic and flow diagrams for program design, programming, simulation, testing, and start-up.
· Designs and writes programs for embedded controllers, HMI panels, motor drives, and other intelligent devices.
· Conducts installation of PLC controls as well as programs controls to achieve desired equipment functions. Coordinates machine start up and de-bugging as it relates to PLC controls
· Understands and safely works with AC & DC Voltages, 24-480V. Replaces electrical components as needed such as 3 phase motors, VFD’s, sensors, motor starters, power supplies and positions sensing devices.
· Through use of CMMS, completes scheduled and emergency Work Orders to maintain optimum manufacturing line efficiencies. Records data into MP2 as required.
· Informs supervisors and others in the management team regarding potential hazards and recommending corrective solutions.
· Performs all work in accordance to OHSA standards for general industry
- Keeps abreast of new technology, devices and manufacturing processes Remain up to date on changes in software, hardware and control technology as it relates to installed equipment.
· Follows blue prints, installs power supply wiring and conduit for newly installed machines and equipment or conveyors as well as troubleshoots and performs safety control testing.
- Must follow all Company Safety policies, as well as all GMP regulations and all lock-out/tag-out requirements according to OSHA requirements.
· As an employee at Wenner Bakery, you must also be aware of issues associated with food safety and safe food handling practices that are relevant to your job. Formal training is not required, but in house Food Safety Training conducted by a qualified staff member is mandatory. You must know how to recognize, prevent and alleviate food safety hazards. This position requires good working knowledge of the SQF code.
· Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
· Basic knowledge of circuitry and the ability to remove and replace defective components such as relays, contactors, ballasts, simple contactors.
· Proficient in Microsoft, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, G-Mail and MP2.
· Intermediate knowledge of AutoCad release 7(or earlier).
· Knowledge of Allen-Bradley CompactLogix and SLC500 PLCs.
· Knowledge of RSLogix 500 and RSLogix 5000.
· Flexible to work overtime including weekends as needed.
· 5 plus years of related experience.
· B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
· Must have practical experience with PC&PLC Programming, Motion Controllers, AC/DC Drives, Electronic operator interface, HMI/MMI software, Process Controllers, PC based controllers, communication protocols DH+, Ethernet, Robotics and Vision Systems.
· Minimum 5 years of experience in developing PLC/SCADA application software from various vendors.
· Experience in a manufacturing environment required.
What can Europastry/Wenner Bakery offer to you?
Competitive compensation package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance & ADD, STD, LTD, 401K, FSA, and Paid Time Off
Ongoing opportunities for development and career advancement
Exciting fact-paced entrepreneurial environment.
WENNER BAKERY / EUROPASTRY USA is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled