Conference Service Manager - Eldorado Resort
Our spectacular Eldorado Resort is situated right on the shores of Okanagan Lake, a few kilometers south of the William R. Bennett bridge. Eldorado Resort consists of Hotel Eldorado, Manteo, and Eldorado Marina, with world-class amenities including multiple outlets, gyms, indoor and outdoor pools, boardwalk, tennis courts, and a private beach.
If you are looking for exciting and rewarding opportunities to showcase your talent and join a team that brings out the best in each other, then we want to hear from you! Our beautiful lakeside property offers a wide range of exciting career opportunities. We offer competitive earnings potential, employee discounts on water sport rentals, discounted food & beverage at all our Argus Properties Ltd owned Restaurants and Hotels, fun social events, and great colleagues!
In this junior CSM position you will be able to grow your career in supportive and collaborative team . The Conference Service Manager will focus on delivering outstanding guest service for event space and banquet operations, be responsible for developing market segments and be an ambassador that liaises between multiple departments and external vendors to meet the needs and exceed the expectations of your clients.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handles corporate and social catering inquiries and practices professional account qualification on a consistent basis (e.g., measure budget needs, date flexibility, space requirement, competitive information etc.).
- Proactively solicit new business and manage relationships with existing and previous wedding clients and business accounts, to meet/exceed revenue goals and expand the Hotel’s client base through various mediums. (This includes but is not limited to telephone solicitation, outside sales calls, tradeshows and travel functions, site inspections, written communication, the web and social media).
- Conducts site tours, to sell and close sales, and demonstrates knowledge and proficiency to clients during sites by anticipating and determining their needs and requirements for event set up, logistics and event success.
- Works closely with Sales, the client and key hotel departments throughout the duration of a client’s event/conference/wedding being available to assist them at the appropriate times from pre-arrival, during the event and post-event, ensuring a successful outcome of all programs
- Reviews sales contracts as well as other important client event information - room blocks, cut-off dates, special concessions, guest room attrition clauses, deposit schedules and validates with client via turnover letter. Monitor and enforce program deadline dates and works with clients to release meeting space not needed to maximize hotel revenues.
- Maintains strong client relations and captures the client's vision and effectively conveys the specifications to appropriate hotel departments, rapidly responding to inquiries, concerns, and issues, ensuring an exceptional client experience while seeding future bookings.
- Monitors and manages room blocks and meeting space according to contract utilizing group history reports and information given by clients to maximize hotel revenue, making adjustments as necessary, and updating reservations and other departments as applicable.
- Assembles consistent and concise banquet event orders/conference resumes that clearly represent a conference's every requirement, including client approved floor plans for all departments and distribute BEOs for group
- Conducts pre-conference meetings with clients and pertinent departments to confirm all relevant details are communicated
- Accurately forecast group rooms and group food and beverage revenues for assigned groups and affiliate business
- Initiates billing procedures, ensuring any deposits and/or credit applications are received with adequate information and within an acceptable time frame
- Maintains files, records, contacts, planning activities, contracts, and maintaining the integrity of Catering systems and Opera
- Collaborate with culinary team in menu planning and implementation.
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
The ideal candidate looking to start a career in Conference Services should demonstrate the following:
- Desire to grow and develop in your Hospitality career
- Understanding and experience in luxury and/or lifestyle hospitality
- Professional knowledge of food and wine
- Knowledge of the Okanagan and BC Interior market, travel industry and current market trends
- General knowledge of meeting room capacities, banquet set-up, audio-visual and any other pertinent details as they relate to function room set-up
- Experience working with culinary teams and banquets preferred
- Exceptional customer service skills, team player, with the ability to establish collaborative working relationships
- Strong computer literacy including catering systems, Opera, Microsoft Office
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; both verbal and written
- Proven abilities in decision making and problem solving
- Proven experience in meeting target goals with a positive, supportive leadership style
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends when necessary
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.