Retirement Center Management has opportunities for part-time Resident Medication Aides (Certified preferred) at our Village on the Park Onion Creek location an Assisted Living with Memory Care senior community.
11:00 p.m. - 7:00 a.m.
The Resident Medication Aide provides direct care to residents following an individual service plan, treats each resident with respect and dignity, recognizes individual needs, and encourages independence. You will foster a homelike atmosphere throughout the community. You must have the desire to work with seniors and have a tolerance for behaviors associated with dementia and other aging processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Exercises independent judgment and discretion in the performance of tasks with the understanding that the responsibilities are not routine or limited to resident care matters.
- Administers medication and treatments as prescribed by physician. A monitor’s response to existing treatment plans, aware of prominent medication interactions and side effects; monitors residents for occurrence of such and notifies HCC. Adheres to community infection control policies and procedures relevant to medication/treatment administration.
- Assists residents with medication as defined in medication procedure. Supervises residents who self-administer medication. Exhibits understanding of and follows medication policies and procedures.
- Maintains residents’ records daily in a timely manner and in accordance with company policy and procedure. This includes documentation related to: medication distribution, leisure activities; incidents and observations; charting any changes in resident’s physical condition and or behaviors, visitors, etc. Observes and documents the health and emotional condition of each resident, promptly reporting all changes to the supervisor.
- Writes weekly/monthly summaries as assigned, addressing specifically the problems identified in the service plan.
- Maintains the cleanliness and organization of the medicine supply room.
- Receives reports on all residents.
- Counts controlled substances with off going RMA, assumes responsibility for assuring accuracy of count before accepting keys.
- Provides direct resident care in accordance with the Resident Assistant Job Description.
- Follows proper procedures in emergency situations and responds promptly and positively to resident requests for assistance – including emergency call pendants, telephone calls, and requests from family and friends.
- Encourages teamwork through cooperative interactions with co-workers.
- Attend all inservices as required.
- Member of the community’s emergency response team.
- Maintains a professional appearance and good personal hygiene per company policies.
- High School diploma or GED required
- 6 months to 1 year of prior resident care experience, preferably with seniors
- Delegated by a Registered Nurse for medication administration
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Strong problem-solving skills, good judgement and attention to detail
- Understanding of HIPPA requirements
All offers of employment are contingent upon a satisfactory background check and drug screening.