Engineer 2nd Class Level 1
The National WWII Museum is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled
The National WWII Museum is currently seeking a qualified Engineer 2nd Class Level 1. Reporting to the Chief Engineer, this position performs a variety of tasks in the Central Plant and throughout the campus in terms of buildings, facilities, and equipment. The Engineer works with other Facilities staff to ensure that the Museum’s spaces are maintained and safe for staff, visitors, and volunteers.
The entry level wage for this position is $22.50 / hour.
- Operates and maintains equipment in the Central Plant, keeps logs, utilizes automation system, and completes work orders.
- Performs general maintenance and repair of the Museum’s buildings, facilities, equipment, and grounds including HVAC, carpentry, electrical, plumbing, glazier, masonry, and painting tasks.
- Performs repairs and adjustments on door locks, cabinets, desks, and closets; repairs door hinges; cleans plugged key slots.
- Changes filters on heating, ventilating, and air conditioning units.
- Assists in obtaining quotes and arranging for services of outside vendors as needed.
- Activates and deactivates building alarms and responds to alarm calls.
- Current City of New Orleans 2nd Class Stationary Engineer’s License with Air Conditioning Certification; 2nd Class Boiler preferred as well.
- Knowledge of carpentry, plumbing, glass replacement, painting, masonry, appliance repair and basic wiring; knowledge of standard practices and tools used for maintenance; ability to use a variety of hand tools.
- Ability to operate a forklift.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Effective communication skills.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.