To ensure efficient, friendly and helpful customer service for entire store to help meet store goals. Participate in creating a positive environment that encourages the Los Alamos COOP Market team culture.
The Producer Clerk is responsible for the presentation of produce and maintaining the produce department. Produces clerks must have familiarity with produce and our farmers, including organic and local issues, seasonality. They are required to assist customers as needed and maintain a friendly, energetic demeanor. This position requires adhering to all procedural guidelines set by the General Manager.
Â· Assists customers in the courteous manner, answers questions about products, offers samples, takes special orders as necessary.
Â· Stocks, rotates, trims and culls produce department consistently; includes presentation of product, maintaining product levels, and organizing vegetables and produce as set by the General Manager.
Â· Exercises safe food handling skills and good equipment safety procedures (particularly knives).
Â· Maintains a clean and well organized department, including sweeping, mopping, dusting, restocking supplies and cleaning.
Â· It is an active presence on the sales floor, helping to discourage shoplifting and encourage sales in all departments.
Â· Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalency.
- Preferred 3-5 years grocery retail experience in Produce.
- Previous experience in a natural foods industry is a plus.
- The potential for prolonged standing, walking, squatting and/or bending.
- The ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Occasional high stress when dealing with systems/customers/staff.
- Ability to enter the cold case, cooler, thereby being subjected to cold temperatures for extended periods of time.
Â· Must be 18 years or older
Â· Must be fluent in written and spoken English
Â· Willingness to work with sanitizers and cleaners
Â· Must be available to work evenings and weekends or business dictates
Â· Commitment to customer service