Schuler’s Restaurant & Pub – Line Cook Job Description
The Schuler family has been welcoming guests
for more than a century. We invite you to join the team providing
amazing service to our guests who are treated like family!
Summary of Position:
Accurately and efficiently cook meats, fish,
vegetables, soups, and other hot food products as well as prepare and
portion food products prior to cooking. Also perform other
duties in the areas of food and final plate preparation including
plating and garnishing of cooked items and preparing appropriate
garnishes for all hot menu item plates.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare a variety of meats, seafood,
poultry, vegetables, and other food items for cooking in broilers,
ovens, grills, fryers, and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
- Assume 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
- Know and comply consistently with our
standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards, and kitchen
rules, policies, and procedures.
- Stock and maintain sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Portion food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, saute burners, convection oven, flat-top range, and refrigeration equipment.
- Prepare items for broiling, grilling,
frying, sautéing, or other cooking methods by portioning, battering,
breading, seasoning, and/or marinating.
- Follow proper plate presentation and garnish set-up for all dishes.
- Handle, store, and rotate all products properly.
- Assist in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
- Close the kitchen properly and follow the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assist others in closing the kitchen.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and bring suggestions for improvement.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Sous Chef or manager on duty.