Senior Backend Software Engineer
a dynamic and dedicated group of individuals, working remotely across the US,
and are looking for talented, passionate, and curious people to expand our
team. Payentry offers human capital management services and solutions to employers
across the US. Payentry is a cloud-based Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform
helping companies increase cash flow and efficiency, reduce risk, and give them
a competitive edge in managing and retaining high-quality employees. Our
mission is “Helping people get the most of their workday” and providing the
best systems and service for growing our clients’ businesses.
If you’re ready to join us in our mission, advance your career, and have fun while doing so – apply today!
This is a remote position available in Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Massachusetts, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, North Carolina, New Hampshire, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah and Virginia.
About the Role
We are looking for a SENIOR BACKEND SOFTWARE ENGINEER to join our development team. In this role, you will:
- Work closely with product owners as part of a SCRUM team to develop a suite of web applications with an emphasis on usability and end-user feedback.
- Work closely with Development and QA engineers to develop new code with built-in unit tests to facilitate Continuous Integration and regression testing.
- Work in an agile cross-functional team to achieve superior results.
- Present work during meetings and retrospectives.
What Do You Need?
- A Computer Science degree, OR relevant work experience
- At least 6 years of experience with the following technologies:
- Asp.Net Core Web API
- MS SQL
- C++ (preferred)
- Blazor/React/Angular (preferred)
- Experience developing applications
- Understanding of relational databases (MS SQL Server experience)
- Experience with source control tools (GIT)
- Experience in defect tracking systems (JIRA)
- Commitment to teamwork.
- Superior organization and prioritization skills while working on tight deadlines.
- Desire to learn and share with others - including excellent documentation skills.
What Will You Get?
- A career (not just a job) at a growing company
- A supportive, team-based, 100% remote work environment
- Company subsidized medical, dental, and vision for you and your family
- 100% company-paid life, short-term, and long-term disability benefits
- Student loan assistance program (up to 3% of base salary)
- 401(k) with a company match and immediate vesting of employee and employer contributions
- Health Savings Account with company contributions
- Immediate eligibility for generous paid time-off package (including all federal holidays)
- The opportunity to participate in regularly scheduled Engagement events, such as company trivia, Olympics, BINGO, and other social opportunities to get to know your colleagues.