Security Officer (Evening Shift)
The National WWII Museum is currently seeking a Security Officer for the evening shift. This position is responsible for ensuring the safety and security of all guests, staff, volunteers, and Museum properties in accordance with appropriate policies and procedures.
The entry level wage for this position is $18.50 / hour.
- Conduct walking and stationary post security within the Museum properties in accordance with post orders.
- When posted, assume the duties of the Control Room Officer to include CCTV monitoring; take appropriate action in the event of fire, security, and access control alarms; and maintain the daily log as well as all other duties designated to that post.
- Direct groups and guests during their visit in accordance with standard procedures.
- Ensure access control throughout the Museum.
- Be prepared to provide emergency assistance in the event of a medical, fire, or other emergency situation.
- Provide parking lot security and enforcement of parking lot policy.
- Report to the security supervisor all incidents of lost/stolen property, any disruption of good order, or real or perceived suspicious activity or situation.
- Experience in law enforcement, security, or military services.
- Ability to communicate effectively and to use communications equipment.
- Ability to deal effectively with the general public.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.