Location: Halifax and surrounding area, Nova Scotia
Office Interiors is a Maritime-based company that operates on a clear set of values showing our commitment to our People, our Customers, our Environment, our Communities, Results and Integrity.
We are searching for our next team member who will cover the Halifax and surrounding territory. As a member of our Office Equipment Technician team, you would share Office Interiors’ vision to “Inspire People to Love the Way They Work,” and mission “to Help Customers Create Productive Work Environments.” Your role would be centered around providing technical service for networked office equipment, phone systems, mailing systems, software and related items that meet the needs and expectations of customers.
If you have a positive “can-do” attitude, and the drive and energy to work in an environment where you take ownership to get the job done and achieve your individual results, this is the place and role for you.
- You fit with Office Interiors’ six Core Values (our People, our Customers, our Environment, our Communities, Results and Integrity)
- You are engaged in the community; community involvement is expected for every member of our team
- You are a self-starter with the ability to multi-task efficiently, prioritize tasks and work independently, sometimes under time pressures, under minimal supervision
- You are able to work in a team environment
What you will be doing / Responsibilities
- Perform technical service on electronic office equipment and related items at customer’s locations
- Assist in equipment preparation by loading/unloading, packing/unpacking, setting-up, refurbishing and de-commissioning equipment both in the shop and in the field
- Manage the service for an assigned base of installed office equipment achieving Pro Elite 100 industry benchmarks for response times, call back ratios, numbers of calls performed, reschedule ratios, incomplete calls, accountable time and any other defined metric
- Maintain effective communications including required documentation with customers, dispatchers, and supervisors as needed to resolve problems and deliver high levels of customer service
- Complete all required training programs including online, in-house, in the field, and other training programs that may be held out of Province
- Standard work hours are 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. Very periodically you may be required to work beyond these or potentially be on call to provide service after hours
Your background / Requirements & Assets
- A background in the copier industry preferred, production Industry would be an asset
- 5 years’ experience in a similar role ideal
- Trained in repairing and troubleshooting computer electronics, networks, along with a mechanical aptitude is an asset for this position
- You have excellent customer service skills and ability to interact with internal and external clients professionally (written and verbal)
- Post-secondary education in Mechanical Engineering or Electronics Engineering Technician program or relevant work experience
- A Driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract
· Competitive compensation
· Comprehensive benefits package
· Pension match plan
· Bonus program
· Company vehicle
· 3 weeks’ paid vacation to start
· Wellness reimbursement program
· Employee and Family Assistance Program
· Reimbursement of professional subscriptions and job-related training
· Internal development programs
· Employee discounts
· An amazing team
Please note, in order to keep our team and customers safe, we
require proof of full vaccination from COVID-19 or a documented valid
At Office Interiors we are committed to an inclusive, accessible
environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and
supported and free from all types of discrimination and harassment. We
encourage applications from qualified African Nova Scotians, racially visible
persons, women (applying for non-traditional positions), persons with
disabilities, Aboriginal persons and persons of the 2SLGBTQ+ community. We feel
it is important as an organization to have a team that reflects the diversity
of our customers and communities in which we work, live and play.
Candidates who may require an accommodation during our recruitment process, based on the protected grounds of discrimination, are encouraged to request one. Please apply and if you require accommodation, our recruitment team would be happy to discuss your needs.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position