PHLEBOTOMISTS... WE ARE LOOKING FOR YOU!
Are you ready to work with a
compassionate team? Do you provide the best in patient and customer care?
If so Heartland Health Laboratories, Inc. is the place for you! HHL services
healthcare facilities by providing specimen collection and testing.
~ Completion of a Phlebotomy training course and/or prior on the job training
~ Experience with the Geriatric population preferred
~ ASCP preferred
~ High School Diploma or GED
Wage – Based on experience
$12.00 to $21.00 per hour
Shift – Full-time, 3:30 AM to 12:00
PM Monday through Friday with weekend on-call rotations.
On-Call – To work no less than three
(3) weekend shifts per month. To work no less than two (2) holidays per year.
Driving - This role requires extensive
driving and the use of your own vehicle. Mileage is reimbursed and the average
phlebotomist will drive 700
- 1000 miles every two weeks.
Benefits - http://www.heartlandhealthlab.com/Tabs/2%20Contact%20Us/3%20Benefits/Benefits
Drug Free Work Environment
Route Phlebotomist Summary of Position:
Collects specimens from patients at facilities, brings specimens back to
the lab to be processed and analyzed, identifies patients and properly labels
specimens, completes STAT runs as needed, and all other duties as assigned.
- It provides the highest level of patient
care and compassion.
- It provides fantastic customer service.
- Understands and follows all safety,
infection control, OSHA, and HIPAA guidelines
- Well trained in
Phlebotomy and prepared to see a large number of patients daily
- Clean driving record
and prepared to drive 70 to 150 miles daily.
- Draws blood specimens from residents at
facilities utilizing draw list or test requisition, brings specimens back
to lab, processes, and delivers to Medical Technologists/Lab Assistants to
- Correctly identifies patients, properly
labels specimens, and documents all specimens obtained from each patient’s
log sheet in the lab book upon completion of collections
- Works at a fast pace with extreme
- Calls facilities to clarify orders and
answers calls from facilities with questions as needed
- Share in an on-call rotation that
includes weekdays and weekends and at least two holidays per year
- Completes assigned phlebotomy STAT runs
- Assures that facilities are stocked with
lab supplies as needed
- Must maintain a valid Driver’s License
with current auto insurance
- Understands the value of teamwork and
takes an active role as a positive teammate
- All other duties as assigned