Do you love puzzles? Can you breeze through Sodoku? Are you a good communicator? Have you worked in a kitchen or as a server before? Then our Expeditor position might just be for you. The Expeditor is responsible for facilitating communication between front of house servers/managers and line cooks/Chefs to ensure timely preparation and service of appetizers, entrees, and special orders. Ensure that each plate is assembled in a timely fashion for delivery to diners, keeping in mind temperature of food, correct garnishes, food allergies, and plate presentation.
Location: Migis Lodge on Sebago Lake, Casco, ME
Hours: Part-time and full-time available
Compensation: $14 to $16 per hour + additional 7% of wages incentive payment.
Seasonal Position: May through October 2023
Start date: Early May/June 2023
Benefits: Discounted stays and food & beverage at affiliated properties
Experience: Previous kitchen or culinary experience preferred, but not required.
This position is a great stepping stone for someone who is interested in learning more about kitchen operations and may be considering a culinary career, but previous experience is not required. You will receive training from our Executive and Sous Chefs as well as from our Food & Beverage Managers. The best candidates will have proven to be good communicators in positions they have held in school or with past employers. Each shift will allow you to assemble the jigsaw puzzle of accepting up to 150 dinner orders, communicating orders to the Hot Line staff and then being sure that food is accurately turned around so servers can deliver to our guests. You will learn what a perfect plate looks like!
Housing may be available, but local candidates are encouraged to apply.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Be sure your station is always appropriately stocked for service, neat, clean and safe.
· Must be able to read and understand order tickets.
· Clearly communicate orders to line cooks and cold prep cooks in a timely and organized manner, always cautious of ticket lead time
· Organize trays of plated dishes efficiently to guarantee food leaves kitchen at correct temperature and properly presented (product placement and plates wiped for clean presentation) with any special requests correctly fulfilled.
· Communicate with Servers/Runners/Bussers with questions about tickets/orders and when trays are ready for delivery to dining room.
· Ability to perform basic food preparation tasks.
· Basic knowledge of common food allergies and cross contamination issues to ensure diner safety.
· Maintain cleanliness and sanitation standards as required by the Maine Department of Health and Human Services and OSHA.
· Know who to notify in case of broken equipment or unsafe/unsanitary conditions.
· Must be able to manually handle/lift product up to 60 pounds between knee and chest
· Must have bilateral fine manipulation of both hands which may be repetitive for entire shift
· Must be vertically mobile working in limited space for entire shift
· Protect the assets of this property and Migis Hotel Group.
· Must be eligible to work in the United States of America
· Ability to communicate in English, both orally and written, with line cooks, servers, bussers, runners and managers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy
· Ability to read and understand service tickets and food labels as well as workplace safety signage
· Must be able to multi-task and have the ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods