At CubicFarms we believe in the power of
technology to feed a changing world. We actively seek talented people who want
to make a difference in the ag tech space by bringing creative ideas to life
and leaving an imprint in a healthier, more sustainable world. If you are enthusiastic
about joining a dynamic and innovative company on the leading edge of the
ag-tech revolution, we invite you to apply!
is an ag-tech company providing automated growing systems for fresh produce and
nutritious livestock feed. CubicFarms offers turnkey, commercial scale,
hydroponic, automated controlled-environment growing systems that can grow
predictably and sustainably for 12 months of the year virtually anywhere on
earth. The company has sold and installed systems in Canada and
internationally, and continues to grow a global pipeline of prospective
customers. Visit us at www.cubicfarms.com.
THE ROLE: ELECTRICAL DRAFTER
CubicFarms is looking for a temporary,
part-time Electrical Drafter that can assist the Senior Electrical Engineer
with various drafting tasks. One of the main tasks will be to convert real
world electrical panels into AutoCAD Electrical Schematics. This role is great
for students or recent grads looking to expand their skills in the real world
for a Company striving to make a difference in the world.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Degree in Computer Aided Drafting Design is an asset.
- Course work
in drafting technology or specialized CAD certification.
- Minimum 1
year of experience working in a similar role.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS:
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD Electrical including schematics,
wiring, 2D drafting and electrical design experience.
- Strong computer skills including experience with Microsoft Office (incl:
SharePoint & Outlook)
- Excellent data entry skills to quickly and accurately review and input
- Effective communication (both verbal and written) and organizational
- Excellent reliability, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematics and wiring
- Ability to understand electrical components, parts and symbols a
WHAT WILL YOU DO:
- Use AutoCAD to convert real life electrical panels into AutoCAD
- Assist Senior Electrical Engineer with other drafting tasks.
- Prepare design drawings for electrical design in accordance with
industry standards utilizing AutoCAD.
- Assisting with drawing reviews and drawing templates.
- Other related tasks assigned based on individual project
- Carry out detailed calculations to ensure that designs meet
engineered standards and applicable codes.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
CubicFarms is an equal
opportunity employer is committed to building a team that represents a variety
of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We encourage applications from all
qualified and enthusiastic candidates. CubicFarms is a growing organization in
an emerging industry that will provide the right candidate with significant
potential for advancement in the Ag-Tech space.