Reports to: Lead Case Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
ABOUT VERTAVA HEALTH: Vertava Health is a leading national behavioral healthcare system for mental health and substance use disorders, providing a full continuum of services based on the individuals' varying needs at different times in their health and recovery journey. We apply evidence-based treatment modalities at every level of care and embed digital health tools to enhance and amplify clinical outcomes. With a growing list of Joint Commission accredited inpatient and outpatient locations across the country, a virtual care platform and a national network of healthcare providers, Vertava Health pioneers care that empowers people so that they can live out their best future.
In order to make this possible, we need an exceptional Case Manager who can meet the requirements below. Think you have what it takes to help us change lives all over the country?
As a Case Manager you serve as the primary liaison between our adult patients with substance use disorders and outside stakeholders. You will meet with patients in your caseload regularly to understand and resolve any barriers to treatment related to family, employment, legal, or financial issues. You will identify and evaluate aftercare options to help set up your patients for long-term success. You will facilitate and participate in multidisciplinary treatment planning. With a 360° view of your patient’s world, you are a key advocate, communicator, collaborator, and coordinator. You will be part of a supportive, team-based approach that models collaborative, solution-based problem solving, and authentic communication.
Your ability to develop strong therapeutic relationships; communicate professionally with many different stakeholders; maintain meticulous documentation; and remain organized and efficient is highly valued and will have an enduring positive impact in the lives of our patients struggling with addiction.
Priority responsibilities include:
Coordination of outside supports
- Troubleshoot any needs related to Short Term Disability, FMLA, child care, COBRA or insurance
- Facilitate appropriate contact with attorney, Parole Officer, or courts for any pending legal issues
- Assist with business or financial needs (bill payment, money transfers, critical communications, etc)
- Work with patient and therapist to ensure appropriate family involvement (with release of information documentation)
- Arrange any necessary outside appointments during treatment
- Collaborate with patient and treatment team throughout stay on discharge and aftercare planning
- Maintain meticulous documentation of internal and external communications
- Capture attendance, agenda, and decisions from treatment team meetings
- Develop and update a comprehensive discharge and aftercare plan
- Summarize content and tone of each patient meeting
- Obtain and document patient consents, release-of-information forms, primary care details, employment information, etc.
Collaboration and Communication
- Develop a supportive, therapeutic relationship with each patient
- Maintain a professional, solution-based demeanor with outside stakeholders
- Work closely with all departments and treatment team members
- Build a strong network of outside treatment partners
- Observe and report on patient behavior, presentation, safety, hygiene, etc.
- Promote and protect each patient’s independence, privacy, dignity, and emotional and physical well being
Training and Competencies
- Learn about the disease model of addiction and evidence based treatments
- Learn and follow company-established policies and procedures, and maintain adherence to established practice guidelines
- Remain current with all required trainings and certifications
- Receive biweekly supervision
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor
- Practice respectful, compassionate, supportive communication with patients and colleagues
Other duties as assigned
- The ideal candidate is compassionate, professional, organized, and efficient
- High school diploma required, Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility and aptitude for problem-solving
- Desire to work collaboratively with a diverse team and patient population
- Ability to use hands and fingers, talk or hear
- Ability to sit, stand, walk and reach continually. Ability to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch frequently
- Ability to frequently lift and carry up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Close vision required to see computer monitor, read documents, and operate copy and fax machine
- Work environment is indoors and climate controlled. Occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions