Employer: DBMC Restaurants, LLC dba. Walk On's Sports Bistreaux
Position Classification: Part-Time
Job : Bartender
Thank you for your interest in one of the fastest growing franchises in America, Walk-On’s Sports Bistreaux. Every position from the host stand to the heart of the house are instrumental to our winning culture!
Walk-On’s has the perfect gameday atmosphere with a taste of Louisiana to keep you wanting more. Our passion for food and fun are on display every day, and we need you to help us win championships! At Walk-On’s we value team camaraderie, and we play for the name on the front not the back.
Our heart of house positions give team members an opportunity to work in a fast paced, team oriented, gameday atmosphere serving amazing Louisiana inspired cuisine. Food first mentality is at the core of our chef driven kitchen.
Heart of house opportunities are offered in a part time capacity. Flexible hours and scheduling are available, which is great for the busy student or anyone who has outside obligations. Room for advancement on the team is always a possibility for the right team member!
Job Description: Bartender
Must be friendly, outgoing, and must possess good communication skills. Is organized and able to think and act quickly and effectively. Retains self-composure. Is an enthusiastic and convincing salesperson. Must be customer sensitive and possess a sense of timing. Must take pride in personal appearance and be dedicated to his/her job. Must display integrity and honesty in all aspects of his/her employment. Observes that guests are satisfied with the drink, food and service, responds to additional request and determines when the meal/drinks has been completed.
Required Requirements and Duties:
- Be of legal age to serve alcohol according to state law.
- Be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language of work location.
- Be able to perform simple mathematical calculations and handle money.
- Have basic knowledge of beer, wine, and spirits and be familiar with standard drink recipes.
- Have the ability to remain stationary for long periods of time up to 8hrs at times.
- Must be able to reach, bend, stoop, and frequently lift up to 50lbs.
- Be willing to work in a fast paced restaurant environment.
- Communicates effectively with guests.
- Assumes 100% responsibility for quality guest’s experience.
- Obtains information regarding specials, side work, etc. from a manager at the start of a shift.
- Has thorough knowledge of company bar standards and use them to manage bar effectively.
- Work as a team with all of our personnel.
- Maintains running side work throughout shift and completes closing side work at end of shift as assigned by the manager.
- Works with others to keep all areas cleaned and stocked to our standards at all times.
- Prepares and serves alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks consistent with Company standard drink recipes.
- Learns the names and recognize our regulars.
- Accept guest payment, process credit card charges and make change (if applicable).
- Wash and sterilize glassware.
- Maintains bottles and glasses in an attractive and functional manner to support efficient drink preparation and promotion of beverages.
- Assist the restocking and replenishment of bar inventory and supplies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Guest relations
- Bar standards
- Liquor, Beer and Wine knowledge,
- POS operation
- Side work duties
- Recipes, mixology, Menu knowledge
- Local and State laws as they pertain to bartending and alcohol awareness
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Prolonged periods standing.
- Must be able to lift, bend, stoop, climb, reach, and lift up to 50 pounds at a time.
DISCLAIMER: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.