HealthChampion is looking for a dynamic individual to join our team as a Product Owner. In this role you will be responsible for one or more of our products on our platform’s product suite. Reporting to the Managing Director, Product, you will be instrumental to the success of our team in bringing a new patient experience to the US healthcare system.
HealthChampion (www.myhealthchampion.com) is the world’s first consumer-driven healthcare platform. We’re reshaping the way people manage their health and giving them personal control of their medical records - and we’re doing so with a team of talented, adaptive change-makers. Join HealthChampion’s collaborative group of world-changers in making a difference and improving lives, one app and one person at a time.
About our employees
We hire people who are hungry, humble, and smart. Hungry meaning that you are a biased-to-action, willing to jump in, passionate, multi-skilled and cross-functional team member. Humble meaning letting go of ego, committing to the team and an eagerness to get feedback and learn. And smart meaning not only technically skilled but also EQ - the ability to work with a team, handle conflict, actively listen, mentor others, and have a sense of curiosity and compassion.
About Product Development at HealthChampion
We use Professional Scrum to deliver products. More than just the common agile practices and mechanics, we live out the agile values. We truly believe that given the right environment – one of self-organization, transparency, craftsmanship – that people will love working here and together we will build the best possible products.
What You Will Do:
· Work on a cross-functional Professional Scrum team to deliver Increments of Done product every Sprint. This is a hands-on position and part of the team responsible for delivering software
· The Product you will own is a cross platform consumer facing health tech app.
· Own the Product Backlog, ensuring it remains in a refined state for teams to execute on
· Become aware of the market, competitors, current and prospective clients, and ensure this intel makes its way back to the product backlog
· Interact and manage stakeholders with varied opinions, always reflected back on users/customers and data to help us make decisions
· Make feature trade-off decisions such as depth vs breadth and experiment vs just-build-it.
A Bit About You:
· Experience owning a Product. This is not an “agile project manager”
· Experience interacting with customers, both consumers and business partners
· Ability to make & explain Product tradeoff decisions, and use data & research to back it up
· Great presentation skills and ability to digest diverse stakeholder opinions
· Desire to work in a small team, be hands-on, and work in a startup / high-growth environment
Position does not require that you live in Illinois. We are looking nationwide for candidates.
This is a full-time position with an excellent comp package including salary, incentives, paid-for benefits, flexibility, and potential for huge growth only. We are unable to sponsor visa candidates at this time.