Dining Room Server
Migis Lodge on Sebago Lake is looking for Dining Room Servers for our seasonal resort. Flexible working hours!!! Each season we hire staff members who are willing to work hard to provide great guest service and to help us provide an idyllic vacation experience. As a Dining Room server, you will be working a combination of Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner shifts. We offer three meals daily with indoor and outdoor options. We offer full and part-time seasonal employment for dining room servers. This is a great opportunity to learn the skills required to be a successful server, which will give you skill which can be transferred to future jobs. This position helps you grow your teamwork, communication, and patience skills. As a part of the Migis Lodge team you will have the opportunity to experience all of the benefits Sebago Lake has to offer while developing your hospitality skills and personal relationships. You will meet amazing people from all over the world and the US. These are friendships that will last a lifetime! There are also so many activities on site to enjoy; disc golf, swimming, canoeing, kayaking and so much more. You will work hard but there also are many fun experiences to be had during your time here.
Housing is available for full time applicants. Local applicants are also encouraged to apply!
Hours: Part-time and full-time available (20 - 40 hours per week)
Compensation: $14.00 - $16.00 per hour, depending on experience + additional incentive payment of 7% total wages.
Seasonal Position: May through October 2023 (flexible)
Start date: Early May/June 2023
Benefits: Discounted stays and food & beverage at affiliated properties
Experience: We will provide training for enthusiastic candidates. Previous experience is not required.
Taking a job as a server at Migis allows you to work in one of the most beautiful settings on Sebago Lake at Maine's premiere Full American Plan Resort? What's a Full American Plan resort? Guests enjoy three meals a day and full use of the resorts activities as part of their rate. This is a great first serving job - we will provide all the training. The skills you learn at Migis can be a great stepping stone to other serving positions! You will learn all about proper service techniques, different foods and their preparations (our menu changes daily), about food allergies and safe food handling. You will have the chance to work with the same guests throughout their stay and so will develop a bond with "your" guests. A quick smile, an outgoing personality, and the ability to be quick on your feet are all key to success.SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Maintain a neat and professional appearance with a properly cleaned uniform.
· Greet guests warmly, politely and in a timely manner once seated. Speak to guests with enthusiasm at all times.
· Be prepared to answer questions about menu items and food preparation techniques and be prepared to make suggestions about special menu items.
· Understand order taking systems to be able to clearly, accurately and quickly covey guest orders to kitchen
· Deliver food and beverage to tables in an efficient manner following appropriate table service techniques. Ensure that food is presented to diners as ordered and according to restaurant quality standards.
· Be available to guests to assist with any needs, corrections or additional items desired during service. Understand when guests are unsatisfied with a meal and how to handle the situation.
· Be able to determine when guests have finished meals, clearing tables in an efficient manner following appropriate table service techniques.
· Understand reporting requirements for tips.
· Ability to safely operate restaurant equipment including, but not limited to coffee makers, refrigeration, juice machines, soup warmers, toasters, point of sale systems and other basic kitchen equipment and appliances, etc.
· Handle and communicate special orders and guest complaints in a professional manner. Share information with customers about the status of their orders. Have a basic understanding of common food allergies and communicate these issues to the kitchen to ensure diner safety.
· Complete side work as assigned (resetting tables, stocking supplies, cleaning, etc.)
· Participate in set up, execution, and clean up of banquet functions as outlined in Banquet Event Orders/Event Sheets and as directed by Sales & Catering Manger/Dining Room Manager.
· Maintain food safety, service station and personal cleanliness and sanitation standards as required by the Mass Department of Health and Human Services and OSHA, as well as general maintenance and upkeep of dining room/restaurant.
· Know who to notify in case of broken equipment or unsafe/unsanitary conditions.
· Must be able to manually handle/lift/carry product up to 60 pounds between knee and shoulders.
· Must have bilateral fine manipulation of both hands which may be repetitive for entire shift.
· Must be vertically mobile working in limited space for entire shift.
· Protect the assets of this property and Migis Hotel Group.
· Must be eligible to work in the United States of America.
· Previous food & beverage service work preferred, but not always required.
· Ability to communicate in English, both orally and written, with guests and employees, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy.
· Ability to work as a part of a team.
· Ability to understand verbal directions, as well as written menus, recipes, labels on foods and chemicals, and other workplace safety signage.
· Active listening and observation skills.
· Knowledge of common food allergies and understanding of cross-contamination issues.
· Outgoing personality, with good oral comprehension, expression, and speech clarity.
· Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods.