Banquet Captain (ref 1031)
Our spectacular Eldorado Resort is situated right on the shores of Okanagan Lake, a few kilometers south of the William R. Bennett bridge. Eldorado Resort consists of Hotel Eldorado, Manteo, and Eldorado Marina, with world-class amenities including multiple outlets, gyms, indoor and outdoor pools, boardwalk, tennis courts, and a private beach.
If you are looking for exciting and rewarding opportunities to showcase your talent and join a team that brings out the best in each other, then we want to hear from you! Our beautiful lakeside property offers a wide range of exciting career opportunities. We offer competitive earnings potential, employee discounts on water sport rentals, discounted food & beverage at all our Argus Properties Ltd owned Restaurants and Hotels, fun social events, and great colleagues!
What we offer:
- Employee discounts on accommodations, dining and marina at our sister properties (Hotel Eldorado, Manteo Resort and Eldorado Marina, and Hampton Inn & Suites Kelowna Airport).
- World-wide accommodation and dining discounts with Marriott brands.
- An excellent work environment, with a focus on staff recognition, teambuilding and an atmosphere of growth and development.
- Internal growth and a culture of promotion from within.
Captain reports directly to the Food & Beverage Manager. As a Banquet
Captain, you would be responsible for overseeing the set-up and clean-up of
food and beverage during banquet functions in the hotel's continuing effort to
deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
Responsibilities & Accountability:
- Promote and maintain a positive working relationship at all times with all the colleagues of Gulfstream and The Four Points by Sheraton
- Demonstrate a complete understanding of all policies, procedures and standards of the organization
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and warm hospitality to all guests
- Foster and practice teamwork and cooperation with all other positions existing in the hotel
- Supervise food and beverage service throughout banquet functions to ensure quality service and product quality
- Assist with the planning, organizing and execution of all banquet functions including, but not limited to, breakfast, coffee breaks, luncheons, dinners, cocktail receptions, galas, etc.
- Greet and welcome client representative and guests, responding to requests in a timely, friendly and efficient manner
- Participate in and lead department meetings
- Process banquet checks accurately and efficiently for payment
- Ensure guest satisfaction throughout the meal service
Skills and Qualifications:
- Previous work experience within an upscale high volume establishment
- Basic knowledge of banquets and catering and good knowledge of wines/beverages
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player attitude
- Willingness to learn new concepts and ideas
- Serving it Right/SmartServe Certified
- Passion for food, beverage, and providing excellent customer service
To apply please submit your resume and complete the Questionnaire
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position