The Teacher will assist the Lead Teacher in providing a successful, safe and supervised educational setting for children enrolled in SRCAA Head Start/EHS programs. Actively support school readiness goals in the five essential domains (social-emotional, cognitive development, language/literacy, perceptual motor and physical development, and approaches to learning skills) and assists in the development of individual goals and ongoing assessment. Support Lead Teacher in facilitating kindergarten transition, as well as parent /family/ community engagement in all aspects of the program. The Teacher will:
- Assisting the Lead Teacher in facilitating center/classroom activities - including daily activities, field trips, and selecting and arranging equipment and materials for the learning environment.
- With input and direction from the Lead Teacher, implements a developmentally appropriate, multi-cultural curriculum for children.
- Working cooperatively with support staff in the provision of direct services to meet the goals for children with disabilities.
- Performing duties in accordance with CLASS and School Readiness goals and requirements.
- Preferred qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education, birth to 5 years or related field; two years’ experience teaching preschool; bi-lingual (English and Spanish) and below minimum qualifications.
- Minimum qualifications: Child Development Associate credential or an associate's degree in psychology, special education, social services, early childhood education, or a related field. Other combinations of experience and education that meet the minimum requirements may be substituted. Candidate must be able to periodically attend out of town conferences and training sessions; and possess good oral, written and organization skills.
*Head Start positions work 10 months per year.
** Transcripts will be required to validate degrees/classes, which may require confirmation of up to 16 credit hours of coursework relating to Early Childhood Education
Salisbury-Rowan Community Action Agency Inc is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled