AE is a 220 person firm with 11 office locations and counting. We have experienced significant growth over the last few years and there are no signs of slowing down. As a 100% employee owned firm, we have a “we are all in this together” culture that makes AE an incredible place to work. The opportunities to advance and grow your career here are endless. Our leadership team is an HR professionals dream. We have a clear vision for the future, we embrace change instead of running from it, we are supportive and value our team members.
If the people side of HR is your favorite part of what you do, you’re in the right place! One of the five objectives of our strategic plan is “to retain and attract the best people” - this is where you come in! We are looking for a motivated director who can jump in and help us continue to be a people-centric firm and a fun place to work. Someone who craves autonomy, thinks strategically, is a natural leader, loves what they do, wants to make a big impact in the company's trajectory/growth, and embodies our awesome culture!
What you will get to do:
- Provide leadership, structure, and direction to the HR team
- Collaborate with leadership to understand, develop and implement the organization’s goals and strategy related to culture, staffing, recruiting, and retention.
- Plan, lead, develop, and implement policies, processes, and training initiatives to support the organization’s human resource compliance and strategy needs.
- Oversee the administration of human resource programs including, but not limited to, payroll, compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Develop, lead, and identify staffing and recruiting needs; develop and execute best practices for hiring and talent management.
- Monitor and ensure the organization’s compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, recommend best practices; review and modify policies and practice to maintain compliance.
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law; apply this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practice, and resources to leadership.
- Develop and facilitate professional development, training, and certification activities for the HR team
- Support the leadership team in fostering and maintaining the overall company culture
- Prepare and monitor the Human Resources budget
- Federal and State payroll policies and practices are in compliance
- Oversee the safety operations of the company
- Perform other duties as required
You will be a good fit if you:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field (preferred)
- Have 7+ years of human resource management experience (required)
- Have 5+ years of experience managing a team
- Have a SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification (highly preferred)
- Have worked in the AEC industry (preferred)
- Have experience maintaining an HRIS
- Have an understanding of an ESOP (preferred)
- Are people-first oriented
- Have a deep disciplinary knowledge of all major HR functions including compensation, benefits, recruitment, compliance, employee relations, and talent development (required)
- Can work effectively in a team environment and independently
- Have a demonstrated ability to communicate well, both oral and written, complex concepts and information
- Have exceptional leadership skills
- Ability to constructively evaluate current practices and offer innovative approaches for improvement
- Are a strategic thinker and visionary
- Have demonstrated success in identifying and implementing best practices of diversity and inclusion
- Are an expert at strategy, process and project implementation and execution
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Have the ability to resolve conflict in a constructive manner and teach conflict resolution to others
- Have excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Have proficient time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Have strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Have exemplary computer skills using current technology
- Have experience working with virtual teams on various platforms (Google Chat, Teams, Zoom, etc.)
- Are a self-starter and enjoy autonomy
- Have the ability to perform light lifting up to 25 pounds
The Nitty Gritty:
Supervisor: VP of Administration
Location: Springfield, MO, Joplin, MO, Rogers, AR, or Kansas City
Work Environment: In office with WFH flexibility
Average Work Week: 40-45 Hours
Travel: ~25% of the time to our office locations & for conferences/events including day and overnight trips (Office Locations: Carthage, MO, Columbia, MO, Destin, FL, Joplin, MO, Kansas City, MO, Milton, FL, Monett, MO, Pensacola, FL, Rogers, AR, and Springfield, MO)
Direct Reports: HR Coordinator & Talent Acquisition Coordinator
Salary Type: Exempt
A comprehensive benefits package is offered to all employees, along with a work environment that encourages growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our organization. A few benefits offered are: ESOP, PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance.
It is the policy of Anderson Engineering to provide equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to their race, age, color, physical handicap or disability, military service record, religion, sex, national origin or any other categorization protected by law, and to promote the full realization of equal employment opportunity through a positive continuing program
ANDERSON ENGINEERING INC is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled