Paralegal Non-Profit Law Firm
Legal Services of North Florida has an opening for a Paralegal (full-time 35 hours a week) in our Tallahassee, FL location. Come work with great people who do hard work to better the lives of low-income and vulnerable individuals in our communities. LSNF handles more than 7,300 cases a year and does not charge their clients for their legal services. Be a part of a non-profit law firm, with 95+ employees in six offices across North Florida, that seeks legal justice while understanding the value of work-life balance. Work independently and as part of a team to obtain positive results for clients with a focus on civil law matters such as family law, disaster recovery, veterans' legal services, victims' advocacy, public benefits, and real property law.
Paralegals at LSNF work collaboratively with superior legal professionals in civil litigation and administrative law to strategize and advocate on behalf of clients and seek justice. LSNF legal staff also engage in significant litigation including large scale impact work and appellate work. To fulfill the mission to remove barriers to legal access, LSNF carries out community education and outreach with two Justice on the Block mobile response units where individuals can speak to an attorney, paralegal, apply for our services, or have assistance filing pro se documents.
Ability to work independently and in a team environment is desired. Experience drafting letters, legal motions and orders is desired. Ability to effectively communicate with clients and maintain accurate client records. Ideal candidates will have a desire to positively impact the clients' lives and the overall community. Outreach, community education or presentation experience is helpful. Applicants must complete Legal Services of North Florida online employment application and submit a resume to be considered for this position.
Salary is negotiable, depending on experience. Applicants meeting the minimum qualifications can expect an entry level annual salary of $32,000 plus benefits.
Comprehensive fringe benefits package includes:
- A four day (35 hour) work week
- Paid time off includes: holidays, sick leave, and personal leave (which after two years, increases to four weeks per year)
- 100% fully paid health insurance for employee & dependent children after 60 days of employment
- Employer paid life insurance policy of $25,000
- Employer contributes 6% to retirement/ 401K plan, after one year of full time service
- Additional voluntary options of dental, vision, term life, disability, and other insurance coverages are also available.
- Flexible Work Plans including remote work options available after 6 months of employment
Minimum qualifications include one of the following:
- Completion of a legal assistant or paralegal program approved by the American Bar Association OR
- Have a four-year bachelors degree OR
- Year-for-year work experience as a legal assistant or legal secretary may be substituted for education requirement OR
- A Florida Registered Paralegal with the Florida Bar Association
To learn more about Legal Services of North Florida:
This company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, national origin, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected category.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position