Doing business to business, person to person. Payworks is a leading workforce management solutions provider and multi-year winner of the Canada’s Best Managed Companies program. We are proud to be Canadian owned and operated as well as committed to developing world-class products and providing a progressive workplace culture where Doing Right by People is our purpose.
With clients of all sizes from coast to coast and more than 400 employees, we currently have an exciting opportunity on our Infrastructure team for the right candidate. Because when it comes to great people, there’s always room for one more.DOING RIGHT BY PEOPLE – IT’S WHAT WE DO
We are hiring for an experienced Infrastructure Analyst to take on the responsibility for planning, design, implementation and administration of the Payworks virtualization infrastructure environment. This individual will act as a subject matter expert on VMware technologies and provide advanced level technical support and mentorship to the infrastructure team. We create, deploy and maintain our own solutions; this requires a talented team of Information Technology specialists to support our growing network infrastructure, ensuring the architecture design is scalable and can meet our business objectives and we deliver a reliable and consistent experience for our clients.
- Comprehensive employer paid benefits for you and your family and excellent pension plan with employer contributions.
- Plenty of professional development opportunities.
- Community-minded culture – Receive two paid days per year to volunteer and lots of opportunity to “Pay it Forward”.
- Time and flexibility to meet your needs – Hybrid work model with flexible work options, plus 3 weeks vacation to start, flex time and parental leave benefits.
- Cool perks – Annual wellness subsidy, Costco membership, fun office environment and events, regularly scheduled fitness classes, and more!
- Plan, design, and implement complex virtualization environments.
- Provide installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of the virtualization infrastructure at multiple sites.
- Lead in the preparation of complex infrastructure and large-scale virtualization and hybrid cloud projects..
- Manage enterprise level storage systems.
- Provide advanced level technical support, administration, and troubleshooting activities.
- Defines technical requirements for performance, scalability, security, and redundancy.
- Ensure performance and availability metrics are tracked, managed and continuously optimized.
- Produce recommendations to reduce design complexity, increasing uptime and scalability.
- Apply expert proficiency to identify, analyze, design, and initiate solutions to highly complex problems.
- Manage Business Continuance with relation to Disaster Recovery.
- Working with the infrastructure and security teams, implement policies and procedures aligning with industry best practices.
- Diploma or degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications or related field or equivalent.
- Senior or expert level experience in VMware vSphere infrastructure (ESXi/vCenter).
- 3+ years of experience in VMware Horizon and vSAN.
- Experience with implementing and managing Storage Area Networks (SAN) with iSCSI protocol.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server, Linux, Active Directory, IIS and SQL servers.
- Virtual network infrastructure design maintenance and support.
- Thrives in a collaborative and respectful team environment and won’t shy away from working with others to solve complex problems.
- Previous experience with disaster recovery and business continuity planning considered an asset.
- Strong pride of ownership in your work.
- Ability to problem solve and manage your time.
- HPE Server and Systems (Synergy, 3PAR StoreServ and Primera storage)
- Hybrid cloud experience considered an asset
- VMware Tanzu
- Containerization technologies (Docker/Kubernetes)
- Microsoft Azure
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP) or VMware Certified Advanced Professional (VCAP) in Data Center Virtualization
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
The position is based in Calgary. We are proud to support a Flexible Work Plan that allows employees, in collaboration with their leader, to choose the work location that best suits their work and lifestyle. The Infrastructure Analyst reports into the Payworks office, however has the option to work in the office or on a hybrid work model.
Payworks is committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, and collaborating with employees, clients and guests to identify and effectively remove barriers, in a manner that respects the principles of independence, dignity, integration, reasonable accommodation and equal opportunity. Payworks welcomes and encourages applications from all persons. Individuals applying for employment with Payworks may request accommodations at all stages of recruitment and employment from Human Resources.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position