2nd Cook, Camp
LandSea provides accommodation and catering solutions for workforces in remote locations throughout BC. We believe in and strive towards, "creating good places for people to live. Anywhere." Learn more about us on our website at https://landseacamps.com/
About Working in Remote Camps
Our camps are located in remote areas and staff live on-site (meals and accommodation included) on scheduled shifts and leave camp on scheduled breaks. A typical shift schedule is any of the following: 4 weeks on and 2 weeks off, 3 weeks on and 1 week off or 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off.
Most of our LandSea camps offer individual staff accommodation, ensuite or shared bathroom, full meals, WIFI and some have health/gym facilities for staff. We provide partial uniforms and help with the travel/reservations as needed to and from camp locations.
Camp staff work long hours and multiple days in a row. A typical workday is between 10-12 hours (day or night shift) and overtime rates apply. Health and Wellness benefits are offered after three months.
Health and Safety and a Respectful Workplace are essential for everyone working together at LandSea. Our camps are drug and alcohol-free workplaces, and some require pre-employment drug and alcohol testing. All new staff are required to complete pre-employment onboarding orientations.
Our team members include Clerks, Cleaners, General Helpers, Housekeepers, Janitors, Maintenance, Security, Chefs, Cooks, Bakers, Lodge Managers, Health and Safety Officers and more.
About the Job
This position is responsible for assisting the 1st Cook in preparing all meals and ensuring the kitchen, dining and living areas are clean and sanitary at all times. This position requires the ability to follow directions, be diligent, focused and consistent. Comfort with kitchen equipment and knife skills are required.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- All food preparation such as breakfast, lunch, sandwiches, snacks, hot dinner meals, salads, soups etc...
- Set up of breakfast line, lunch station, and dining room; monitor accompaniments and restock as required
- Clean up after all meal service, including wiping tables, and counters and washing pots, pans, dishes, and cutlery
- Sweep and mop floors, wipe tables and counters, break down cardboard; boxes, maintain kitchen appliances, clean vents and exhaust areas
- Assist with preparation and disassembly for moving and relocation
- Report to 1st Cook all food and equipment-related concerns and issues
- Assist 1st Cook with administration, ordering and inventory counts
- Learn the 1st Cook role so can assist when necessary
- 3-5 years kitchen experience
- Excellent attention to detail and well-developed organization skills
- Excellent people skills
- Strong work ethic; ability to work independently, as well as in a team
- Must hold a valid food safety certificate
- Stand, walk, stoop, kneel, or crouch for long periods of time
- Fast repetitive movements of fingers, hands, and wrists
- Able to lift, push, pull or carry objects up to 50 lbs
- Able to use hands to handle objects and tools
- Must be able to complete 12-hour shift
- Pre-employment drug and alcohol clearance
- Completion of LandSea or site-specific Orientation and Safety Training;
- Government-issued ID is required for air travel.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00-$22.00 per hour
- Employee assistance program
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Wellness program
- 10-hour shift
- 12-hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
- Drivers License or Identification (required)
- Food Safe Certification
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.