Founded in 1965 as part of the War on Poverty, Worcester Community Action Council (WCAC) is one of 1,000 community action agencies across the U.S. and 23 in Massachusetts created to address disparities throughout the nation.
Our values of advancing equitable access, elevating all voices, and partnering with people are embedded in the role we play as the federally designated anti-poverty agency for Central and South-Central Massachusetts. WCAC embodies service to the community through our Mission: Helping people move to economic self-sufficiency through programs, partnerships, and advocacy.
Our vision is to break the cycle of poverty one neighbor at a time. Through safety-net services and asset building solutions, WCAC creates economic mobility opportunities for tens of thousands of people annually through programs such as energy assistance, early education and care, financial empowerment, positive youth development, and career pathways.
WCAC is committed to being a responsible and inclusive partner through strong collaboration and a shared client perspective. We are committed to advocating for policies that create equitable access to education, health, social, and economic systems. We are committed to a workplace culture with a shared passion for our mission that promotes teamwork, respect, and the opportunity to make a difference.
WCAC's Job and Education Center (JEC) offers educational and employment programs for youth ages 16-24 who, for a variety of reasons, have fallen off the traditional educational and career pathways. We are seeking two full time Case Managers to provide comprehensive case management, build trust and relationships, and help connect youth to community resources.
WCAC offers a competitive salary and excellent benefit package including health, dental, vision, life, 403(b) retirement plan with Agency contribution, flexible spending account, paid holidays, vacation, personal and sick time.
- High School Diploma or HiSET, Bachelor's degree preferred; related experience considered.
- Demonstrated skills in case management and/or coaching required.
- Experience working with the at-risk youth required.
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with staff and clients from diverse cultural, educational and socio-economic backgrounds required.
- Familiarity with Worcester resources preferred.
- Attention to detail is essential. This position will require managing and documenting case notes, and entering data into a database.
- Must be able to multitask and work in a busy environment with a lot of time traveling throughout the community.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Bilingual ability preferred.
to successfully complete a CORI/SORI review.
driver’s license and reliable transportation required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain a positive
working relationship with program partners.
- Establish and maintain a positive
mentoring relationship with youth.
- Work with JEC Team to ensure youth
have appropriate wrap-around supports as needed. Make referrals for services as needed.
with JEC Team every two weeks, and program partners on a monthly basis. Attend
Worcester youth resource and employment related meetings, as appropriate.
Weekly CM meeting, outreach meetings and/or professional development trainings
detailed client files of youth to meet funder compliance requirements. Maintain
strict confidentiality of clients.
Send cover letter and resume specifying position via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the Human Resource Department, Worcester Community Action Council, 484 Main St, #200, Worcester, MA 01608.
Worcester Community Action Council, Inc. is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or pregnancy related condition, sexual orientation, gender identification, genetic information, membership in the uniformed services or any other classification which is protected under state or federal law.