Deck Hand/ Server
The Deck hand Server is responsible for supporting the captain and hosting and serving our guests drinks and food while on the vessel.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintain watch with the captain.
- Assist captain with safety requirements.
- Greet guests upon arrival and have them complete necessary paperwork.
- Have complete knowledge of menus and food preparation.
- Cast off lines when docking vessel.
- Ability to swim proficiently in calm and turbulent water.
- Maintain specific side-work and ensure the total cleanliness and smooth operation of the vessel.
- Pick up and drop off food, beverage, and supplies for charters at ICONA Avalon.
- Ability to set up and break down food & beverage stations.
- Check identification of guests to ensure guests are of legal age to consume alcoholic beverages. Refuse to serve beverages politely to guests who are not of legal age.
- If consuming alcoholic beverages, observe guest’s behavior, count number of drinks served, and if the server feels they should not drive, offer a taxi. Do not hesitate to ask a manager to intervene.
- Report to work in a neat and clean uniform. Well-groomed hair and personal hygiene are essential.
- All guests must be treated in a manner to ensure their complete satisfaction. Always strive to exceed guests’ expectations.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Weekly attendance to Aloha Culture Meeting.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Guest Focus.
- Organizational Skills.
- Stress Management/Composure.
- Time Management.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
A restaurant and bar environment. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. The employee may be exposed to hazards including, but are not limited to, cuts, slipping, tripping, falls and burns. Frequent hand washing is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping and crouching. The position may require occasional lifting of products weighing up to 50 pounds.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Stand- Over 3/4th of the time
- Walk- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Sit- Under 1/3rd of the time
- Use hands to fingers, handle or feel- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Reach with arms and hands- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Climb or balance- Up to 1/3rd of the time
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl- Up to 1/3rd of the time
- Talk or hear- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Lift minimum of 5lbs.-50 lbs.- Over 1/3rd of the time
- Adherence to all policy and procedures delineated in the ICONA Handbook
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a seasonal position. This role includes nights, weekends, and holidays.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be of legal age according to state regulations to serve alcohol.
- Prior restaurant experience.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Compliant with state Alcoholic Beverage Control regulations.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.