Founded in 1965 as part of the War on Poverty, Worcester Community Action Council (WCAC) is one of 1,000 community action agencies across the U.S. and 23 in Massachusetts created to address disparities throughout the nation.
Our values of advancing equitable access, elevating all voices and partnering with people are embedded in the role we play as the federally designated anti-poverty agency for Central and South-Central Massachusetts. WCAC embodies service to the community through our Mission: Helping people move to economic self-sufficiency through programs, partnerships, and advocacy.
Our vision is to break the cycle of poverty one neighbor at a time. Through safety-net services and asset building solutions, WCAC creates economic mobility opportunities for tens of thousands of people annually through programs such as energy assistance, early education and care, financial empowerment, positive youth development, and career pathways.
WCAC is committed to being a responsible and inclusive partner through strong collaboration and a shared client perspective. We are committed to advocating for policies that create equitable access to education, health, social, and economic systems. We are committed to a workplace culture with a shared passion for our mission that promotes teamwork, respect, and the opportunity to make a difference.
Assist the Health and Nutrition Coordinator provide health and
nutrition services and programs offered to the children, families and staff at
Head Start (HS) and Early Head Start (EHS).
- High School Diploma or HiSET
equivalent required. Associate degree
- Good written
and verbal communication skills are required.
computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office. Ability to learn
databases used in the Head Start program.
organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to
decipher medical terminology is a plus.
- bilingual preferred.
- Ability to
- $2,000 sign on bonus for qualified candidates
- Ability to successfully complete a CORI/SORI/DCF
review every two years.
- Valid Driver’s license and reliable
transportation. Will be required to travel between Head Start centers weekly
(Southbridge and Webster).
- Evening hours may be required to meet
the needs of the families and programs.
- Mandatory physical every two years and Mantoux
test required per DEEC. Hepatitis B (optional).
- Must complete First Aid and CPR
certifications within first few months of hire
- In accordance with Head Start Standards and DEEC
regulations ensure that all children are safely accounted for and not left
unattended at any time while in the daily care of the WCAC Head Start program.
- Assist with health and nutrition screenings For EHS and HS
children and notify parents of the results (including hearing & vision
- Enter health and nutrition data into the Child Plus data
base and the Excel tracking system.
- Track monthly data from health and nutrition reports.
- Assist with health and nutrition observations and Parental
Education programs under the direction of Health and Nutrition Coordinator.
- Assist with the implementation of prescribed individualized
health and nutrition plans for children identified at risk.
- Follow-up by phone call, letter, or home visit for the
Early Head Start and Head Start children identified with health/nutrition
issues including but not limited to physicals, immunizations, dental and
- Assist with the development and implementation of health
and nutrition activities for children aged 0-3 years and their families.
- Assist the Health and Nutrition Coordinator with the
preparation of the annual State DPH immunization report.
- Assist with scheduling appointments for community health
related services for enrolled participants.
- Assist with parental, community, and staff training related
to health and nutrition.
- Assist the Health and Nutrition Coordinator keep all files and
documents up-to-date with health information as required by ESPDT and Head
Start performance standards.
- Participate in Community meetings, monthly Health and Nutrition
meetings, and Health Advisory meetings.
- Assist the Health and Nutrition Coordinator with all
enrollment health documentation and provide follow-up for required information.
- Participate in Health and Nutrition State and Federal
inter-disciplinary trainings and conferences.
- Complete all
- Perform home visits
- Provide health and
nutrition monthly report to Health and Nutrition EHS coordinators.
- Translate documents
into Spanish as needed.
- Maintain open
communication with the Health and Nutrition Coordinator.
- Assist with the delivery of lunch as needed.
- Other duties may be assigned by the Executive Director.
Send cover letter and
resume specifying position via email to email@example.com.
Worcester Community Action Council,
Inc. is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity to all qualified
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or
pregnancy related condition, sexual orientation, gender identification, genetic
information, membership in the uniformed services or any other classification
which is protected under state or federal law.