Do you want to work for an organization that values partnership? Do you want to have FUN at work? Do you want to come to work at a place where the employee owners value their ownership, where our teams value each other, and where the leadership values everyone? If you said yes to the above, then you might be interested in the opening we have for a Construction Inspector in our Springfield, Mo office. What more could you ask for? Maybe to be an owner? Well you’re in luck, it just so happens that we are 100% employee owned!
What you will get to do:
- Coordinates and performs construction inspections verifying that contractors' activities are in compliance with contracts, specifications and engineering principles.
- Performs duties of inspector in charge of routine construction items such as asphaltic or portland cement concrete plants, asphaltic or concrete paving, including grading and base, bridges, concrete box and pipe culverts; inspects general or special items, such as utility construction and adjustments, signing, traffic signals and lighting.
- Performs measurements and tests, computations or other work in preparing change orders, contractor payment estimates and other related documentation.
- Maintains required construction documentation, prepares progress reports and keeps supervisor fully informed as to activities or unusual conditions on the job.
- Provide field checks for contractor surveying operations, and assists survey field crew with layout and staking of construction items as needed.
- Performs other responsibilities as required or assigned.
You will be a good fit if:
- Experience in inspections of construction items for conformance to plans, specifications, special provisions and terms of the contract.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication
- Client service oriented
- Self motivated
- Ability to work well with others both internally and externally
- Ability to work with little to no daily supervision
- Strong computer skills and ability to learn various agency software and programs
- Willingness to Travel 75-100% of the time
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Attention to detail
- Leadership that values teamwork
- Employee Owners who love and value their ownership!
- Community of Owners who value each other
- We have an AMAZING Field Services team that will support you
- We are just different
- We value creating an environment where our teammates can be passionate about their work and instantly feel the AE family culture
A comprehensive benefits package is offered to all employees, along with a work environment that encourages growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our organization. A few benefits offered are: ESOP, PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance.
It is the policy of Anderson Engineering to provide equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to their race, age, color, physical handicap or disability, military service record, religion, sex, national origin or any other categorization protected by law, and to promote the full realization of equal employment opportunity through a positive continuing program
APPLICATION MUST BE COMPLETED
ANDERSON ENGINEERING INC is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled