Schuler’s Restaurant & Pub – Server Job Description
The Schuler family has been welcoming guests
for more than a century. We invite you to join the team providing
amazing service to our guests who are treated like family!
Server Job Details:
Schuler’s servers ensure all guests are
provided with exceptional prompt service. The server describes menu
items, assists in making food and beverage selections, takes and enters
orders, delivers food and beverages, processes payments, and assists
fellow team members to ensure overall guest satisfaction. The server operates as a “commissioned salesperson” and will find success in following the guest(s) from beginning to end.
- Must be upbeat, outgoing, and positive.
- Ability to work positively in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Basic math skills.
- Ability to work effectively within a team.
- Ability to be on your feet and alert for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs. as needed.
- Continuous use of hands and arms, bending, reaching, twisting.
- Be able to protect establishment and guests by adhering to sanitation, safety, and alcohol beverage control policies.
- Greet and welcome guests, inviting them back as they leave.
- Help patrons select food and beverages by
presenting menu; offering cocktails/beverages; suggesting entrees;
answering food preparation questions.
- Transmit orders to bar and kitchen by
recording guests' choices, identifying patrons' special dietary needs
and special requests.
- Respond to additional guest requirements by inquiring of needs, observing dining process and being responsive at all times.
- Maintain table settings by removing courses
as completed; replenishing utensils; refilling water glasses; being
alert to patron spills or other special needs.