· Attend the department meeting to discuss important details in the Cleaning Department.
· Report to your assigned zone and begin working on your assigned duties that may include re- stocking restrooms with toilet paper, paper towels and soap.
· Continuously check restrooms for empty toilet paper, paper towels, soap and other issues that need addressed.
· Inspect your area for safety hazards such as standing water or damaged property.
· Sweep restroom floors. Repeat this task as needed throughout your shift.
· Clear and sanitize all picnic tables in your zone after picnics and during the game as needed.
· Prepare mop buckets with water and cleaning solutions.
· Patrol your assigned area for trash and other debris.
· If assigned to trash detail, you must empty all garbage cans including suite level and also collect trash from Ushers. Dispose of garbage bags in trash cart.
· Assist the Operations’ Staff with the removal of debris and cardboard from the entrance areas on giveaway days.
· Squeegee puddles of water throughout the concourse and seating areas when needed.
· Mop up spills and wet areas as required or requested by the Ushers, Security or the Front Office Staff.
· Sweep all garbage and other debris that is found on the concourse throughout the entire game by using a broom and dustpan.
· Answer any questions that fans have or direct them to the Guest Services Booth with questions you are unable to answer.
· Wait for supervisor’s final instructions before being dismissed.
· Perform other related duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of this position. This position requires employees to have good vision, frequently use hands, talk, hear, walk stairs and stand for long periods of time in extreme hot or cold weather and other inclement conditions. Lift and carry up to 50 pounds.