US Lacrosse, the national governing body of lacrosse, announces an opening for a mid-experienced Manager, Officials Content & Curriculum working as part of the Lacrosse Operations Team. The successful candidate is self-motivated, works well in a team, is creative, manages time well, and has great organization skills. We are looking for an individual that embodies “The USL Way” by positively influencing the sport and each other, providing outstanding service, being creative and innovative, practicing purposeful collaboration, being humble and honest and having fun! If you believe you can bring your own unique spirit, then US Lacrosse is the place to be.
ABOUT US LACROSSE:
US Lacrosse, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation, is the national governing body of men’s and women’s lacrosse and the home of the nation’s fastest-growing team sport. US Lacrosse coordinates all activities of the U.S. National Teams Program and has nearly 450,000 members across the country. Through responsive and effective leadership, US Lacrosse provides programs and services to inspire participation while protecting the integrity of the sport.
IMPORTANT NOTE: All applicants must submit a brief cover letter, resume and minimum salary requirements to be considered for the position directly via gethired.com to ensure completion of application even if applying through another site. Relocation expenses are generally not included for USL job openings.
The Manager, Officials Content & Curriculum will primarily be responsible for the project management and development US Lacrosse Officials Development Program (ODP) resources, education materials, e-learning assets, and certification content and curriculum. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Officials Development, this position works closely with subject matter experts internally across departments and outside the organization to develop and expand the content & curriculum assets available to lacrosse officials and officiating leadership in order to ensure US Lacrosse is the leader in delivering timely, consistent, quality educational material for officials’ development.
Expected Hours of Work:
US Lacrosse core business hours are 8:00 am to 8:00 pm Monday - Friday and 10:00 am to 2:00 pm on Saturday. This position is generally expected to work 8:30 am to 5:00 pm Monday - Friday and regularly/ occasionally requires longer hours or weekend work as related to events and other business needs.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Lacrosse experience is not required for this position. Knowledge of lacrosse and/or officiating is preferable.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Primary content and curriculum project manager and developer for the US Lacrosse Officiating Development Program.
- Works directly with subject matter experts internally and those serving on the US Lacrosse National Volunteer and Officials Development Leadership structures to maintain consistency and continuity of all curricular aspects of ODP.
- Expands the current curriculum by evolving core offerings and developing new virtual training opportunities to support the core curriculum and member officials certification.
- Acts as primary project manager for the development of publications directly related to ODP curriculum and auxiliary officiating resource materials including but not limited to manuals, videos, images, and e-learning courses.
- Manages and leads the annual project calendar for Officials Development.
- Develops, maintains, updates and evolves US Lacrosse’s online education properties including online courses, video libraries and other web-based assets. Regularly reviews and updated content.
- Populates and updates ODP webpages, Facebook and other online media with ODP information and resources.
- Measures usage and impact of digital learning offerings and regularly reports on key performance indicators and other metrics.
- Works with others in the organization to ensure program content aligns with organizational priorities as related to rules, safety, philosophy and overall athlete experience.
- Works with other US Lacrosse staff to develop national convention and regional conference educational programming in line with ODP core curriculum.
- Maintains and develops existing learning management and other educational delivery platforms or products in use in conjunction with Manager, Coach Development Content & Curriculum.
- With ODP staff, develops long-term content and curriculum goals.
- Responds to customers’ inquiries via phone and e-mail.
Core Values & Competencies:
- We Influence – Written and Verbal Communication
- We Serve - Customer Focused
- We Create & Innovate - Creativity
- We Collaborate – Peer Relationships
- We are Humble & Honest – Integrity and Trust
- We Embrace Individuality – Diversity
- We Have Fun – Humor
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Required Skills, Education and Experience:
- Ability to coordinate large, multi-phase projects and to manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to manage both individuals and teams of subject matter experts.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in business or education filed or other equivalent work experience.
- Experience in instructional design, education, training, program or curriculum development, or another related field is preferred.
- Experience utilizing computer applications such as Adobe Creative Suite, and e-learning software (such as Adobe Captivate) is preferred.
- Knowledge of basic computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook; Salesforce database experience is a plus.
- Experience in video editing and development and/or project management is desirable.
- Involvement in or knowledge of the sport of lacrosse strongly preferred; officiating experience and/or knowledge of both men’s and women’s games a plus.
Work Conditions and Physical Requirements:
This job operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
- Occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions, including occasional extreme temperatures
- Occasionally lift and move boxes, supplies, and equipment up to 20-50lbs
- Will experience prolonged sitting, speaking on the phone and keying of data
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
US Lacrosse Inc is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled