Concession Cooks (Victoria)
Our mission is to build inclusive, sustainable
communities by bringing people together through innovation in sport,
entertainment, and development.
The Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre in Victoria is a busy entertainment facility that hosts a WHL hockey team (The Victoria Royals), minor hockey, community hockey, and numerous professional concerts, shows and exhibitions throughout the year. With the area at full capacity and shows/games coming back, we are currently looking for part-time Concession Cooks to join our team! This role will be responsible for having strong knowledge of our menu items and providing patrons with a positive food & beverage experience.
Day in the Life:
- Have knowledge and understanding of all food and service procedures.
- Prepare for the shift by turning on the equipment, getting stations ready with food, clean up and prepare for the next event.
- Thoroughly understand food safety and cleaning guidelines.
- Have proper knowledge of the use and operation of all departmental controls
- Ensure all work areas are clean and ensure all items are being stocked
- Ensure all work areas are clean and ensure all items are being rotated and stocked. Use the FIFO guideline at all times. (First in first out)
- Ensure quality of product before presenting to the guest
- Promote teamwork by looking for ways to assist fellow employees
- Other ad-hoc duties as requested by Head Chef and/or General Manager.
- Must have valid Food Safe Certification
- A strong work ethic
- Excellent verbal communication & customer service skills
- A friendly and professional manner
- Availability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekend
- Willingness to meet and exceed service expectations
- Ensure requested food items are produced accurately and according to industry standards
Perks, Benefits, & Other Cool Stuff:
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Employee Discount Programs
- Front-of-the-Line Access to shows and concert tickets
- Employee Family Assistance Program
- New Hire referral bonuses
- GSL Scholarship Program
- On the job training.
- Above industry compensation.
- Nightly tip out
- Staff meal
Culture is very important to us at GSL! We want someone who, along with having the qualifications, is also passionate and driven. You have a ‘can-do’, positive attitude and enjoy collaborating and working in teams. If this sounds like you, please apply today - we can’t wait to discuss the role in more detail with you!
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position