Kitchen Supervisor Seasonal
Kitchen Supervisor- Seasonal
The Kitchen Supervisor is responsible for supervising and coordinating activities of food preparation, kitchen, pantry, and storeroom personnel and purchases or requisitions foodstuffs and kitchen supplies.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Supervises line cook and prep cooks- observes food to ensure conformance with recipes and appearance standards.
- Complies with established sanitation standards, personal hygiene and health standards.
- Stores food properly and safely, marking the date and item.
- Train employees on the kitchen processes and procedures.
- Plans food production to coordinate with meal serving hours so that excellence, quality, temperature and appearance of food are preserved.
- Maintains daily production records.
- Wear the proper uniform; ensures kitchen staff wears the proper uniform.
- Keeps work area neat and clean at all times; cleans and maintains equipment used in food preparation.
- All guests must be treated in a manner to ensure their complete satisfaction. Always strive to exceed guests’ expectations.
- Perform other duties as directed.
- Weekly attendance to Aloha Culture Meeting.
- Collaboration Skills.
- Guest Focus.
- Stress Management/Composure.
This position supervises the kitchen staff under the direction of the Executive Chef.
This job operates in a kitchen environment, housed with equipment such as an oven, stove, dishwasher, slicer, coffee machine, steamer, mixer and chef’s knives. The employee is frequently exposed to heat, steam, fire and noise. The employee may be exposed to hazards including, but are not limited to, cuts, slipping, tripping, falls and burns.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, stand, reach, lift, use hands and fingers, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, push and pull items weighing 50 pounds or less. The position requires manual dexterity; auditory and visual skills; and the ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures. This position may require employee to work outside in all inclement conditions. Frequent hand washing is required.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Stand- Over 2/3rd of the time.
- Walk- Over 2/3rd of the time.
- Sit- Under 2/3rd of the time.
- Use hands to fingers, handle or feel- Over 2/3rd of the time.
- Reach with arms and hands- Over 2/3rd of the time.
- Climb or balance- Up to 1/3rd of the time.
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl- Up to 1/3rd of the time.
- Talk or hear- Over 2/3rd of the time.
- Lift minimum of 5lbs.-75 lbs.- Over 1/3rd of the time.
- Adherence to all policy and procedures delineated in the ICONA Handbook.
- Working inside, outside in all types are inclemency and heat.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time seasonal position. This role requires forty, plus hours to include nights weekends and holidays.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Supervisory experience working in commercial kitchen.
- Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Compliant with state Alcoholic Beverage Control regulations.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.