The Worcester Community Action Council’s (WCAC) Head Start program currently serves over 200 children, ages 3-5, and their families in two centers – one located at 25 Cole Avenue, Southbridge; the other site located at 116 School Street, Webster. The center-based programs provide developmentally appropriate curricula, health and nutrition services, breakfast, lunch and snack, special education opportunities, and family services.
WCAC is seeking a full time, exempt, Family Engagement Coordinator to support families enrolled in the Head Start and Early Head Start programs to promote self-sufficiency and engagement opportunities through education and advocacy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work cooperatively with the Coordinators of Education, Health & Nutrition, Mental Health, and Early Head Start; participate in all Head Start management meetings.
- Oversee eligibility, recruitment, selection and attendance (ERSEA) compliance procedures for Head Start and Early Head Start.
- Review and revise the ERSEA procedure annually with parents’ input and ensure approval by Policy Council and WCAC Board of Directors.
- Supervise and evaluate 6 Family Case Managers to include:
- Provide day to day supervision and support to ensure completion of job duties and responsibilities.
- Assist with professional development and growth opportunities.
- Assist in familiarizing with Family Engagement Framework
- Provide technical assistance related to ERSEA, formal documentation, and ChildPlus system.
- Ensure and correct SETUP of systems in ChildPlus in the areas of social services, family engagement, and ERSEA.
- Attend all Policy Council meetings. Communicate with Policy Council members to encourage attendance at meetings and provide required documentation. Ensure case managers provide support in the areas of childcare and food.
- Update and revise the Resource Book and provide a copy to parents and staff.
- Develop Family Engagement Plan for Head Start and Early Head Start.
- Support Head Start and Early Head Start staff through training in Social Service /Parent Engagement Component.
- Develop Component goals.
- Assist in coordination of parent orientation with Coordinators and case managers.
- Attend community meetings and participate in outreach.
- Assist the Co-Directors with the year-end report. (PIR).
- Ensure staff complies with the DCF requirement to report child abuse and neglect.
- Participate in home visits as needed.
- Complete all required documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or Human Services.
- Experience in supervision.
- Must be able to work sensitively and effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to speak Spanish preferred, other languages a plus.
- Strong computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office. Ability to learn agency systems such as ChildPlus.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Ability to successfully complete a CORI/SORI/DCF every two years.
- Evening hours may be required to meet the needs of the families and programs.
- Job site assignment may change based upon program needs.
- Mandatory physical every two years and evidence of negative Mantoux, required by DEEC. Hepatitis B (optional)
- First Aid and CPR Certificates.
Worcester Community Action Council, Inc. is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or pregnancy related condition, sexual orientation, gender identification, genetic information, membership in the uniformed services or any other classification which is protected under state or federal law.