MissionGO is a leading provider of UAS solutions and services. Formed by the professionals responsible for the first successful human organ delivery used in a transplant surgery via UAS and taking the first single-rotor UAS through the Federal Aviation Administration’s UAS Type and Production Certification process, MissionGO has been trailblazing the UAS industry by innovating critical infrastructure inspections, medical and commercial cargo delivery, and UAS training and program stand-up.
At MissionGO, our top priority is safety. MissionGO has been awarded a 3-year contract with Southern California Edison to conduct overhead line inspections utilizing UAS and qualified line inspectors and is looking to bring on dedicated and passionate individuals to fulfill this contract.
The majority of work will be performed from January - June 2023.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual that has ArcGIS mapping and analysis abilities, has an exceptional commitment to team success and safety, and can be held accountable for timely delivery of data. The GIS Specialist will design, develop, and implement systems and databases to access and store geospatial data. The GIS Specialist will analyze this data utilizing mapping software. The GIS Specialist will create maps for internal purposes and will be involved with launching mobile and online applications. The GIS Specialist/Professional will work under the GIS/Data Manager and with MissionGO crews and the Project Manager to ensure precise, detailed maps are available for data collection.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the development and management of GIS applications that are based on growing and improving business demands
- Create "shapefiles" to merge topographical data with external data by layering external data over a topographical map
- Review GIS data for accuracy
- Develop and manage control quality standards for system application
- Review data capture and analysis for GIS product
- Research and conduct tests on new researching tools
- Perform geospatial modeling and spatial analysis
- Administer and troubleshoot applications and GIS solutions
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate geospatial documentation for reference purposes
- Stay up to date with the latest developments in the GIS field
- Provide support in the development of a work plan for complex projects
Skills and Competencies
- Proficiency with ESRI GIS desktop software ESRI Applications and data management
- High analytical thinking to effectively analyze information and databases
- Profound GIS knowledge various GIS tools
- Ability to pay particular attention to details to work with databases and analyze information
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to quickly transition to new tasks
- Ability to quickly identify problems or issues and recommend solutions
- Good oral and written communication and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate and work with departmental staff and the management
- Several years of proven work experience either professionally or through an internship
- Must pass a background check and drug screening
- Proficiency with database programming languages such as SQL, R or Python.
- GIS Certification.
Education and Background
- Bachelor’s degree in a discipline such as Computer Science, Geography, or Engineering.
- 1-3 years of proven GIS analysis, application development, automated mapping.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Professional (Excel, and Access), Microsoft Windows, Internet, and computer networks.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually louder than a traditional office environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (computer work). While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms.