Executive Kitchen Manager
Job Description: Executive Kitchen Manager (EKM)
Employer: DBMC Restaurants dba. Walk On’s Sports Bistreaux
Position Classification: Full Time
The Executive Kitchen Manager (EKM) is responsible for all culinary operations of a Walk-On’s Sports Bistreaux while exhibiting leadership and direction to the Heart of House (HOH) team. The EKM must have the ability to support a high volume, creative, scratch kitchen through impeccable recipe and spec knowledge, culinary techniques, and experience. He or she must be able to excel in a culinary-driven environment with the freshest ingredients, the cleanest kitchen, top of the line equipment, and high operating standards. The KM must promote a fun and welcoming work environment through positive reinforcement and teamwork. The KM must be able to motivate, coach, teach, develop, and inspire the Heart of House team to provide each guest with memorable food. Finally, the EKM must have the ability to build sales and maximize financial success through controlled food and labor costs.
Responsibilities (Including, but not limited to the following):
- Ensures proper staffing levels by recruiting and interviewing talented kitchen staff members following company guidelines
- Manages HOH team, including scheduling, performance feedback, and discipline
- Is responsible for ongoing training and professional development of all Heart of House (HOH) team members
- Responsible for motivating team daily to create and ensure a fun and successful work environment
- Responsible for maintaining the highest food quality from the back door to the guest’s table
- Effectively communicates with management team and corporate team to ensure effective and efficient operations without issue
- Effectively builds trust with team members and fellow management by providing clear and honest communication and feedback
- Responsible for maintaining all Walk-On’s standards and holding team to the same standards
- Sets operational goals and follow-up plans for the HOH team while also holding him or herself responsible for goals.
- Responsible for the implementation and adherence to all kitchen systems
- Responsible for proper inventory procedures
- Responsible for supporting and reinforcing highest food quality standards for the restaurant at all times through Walk-On’s systems and standards
- Responsible for the implementation and adherence to Walk-On’s/Ecosure safety and sanitation guidelines
- Responsible for financial success of the HOH through proper food cost, inventory levels, minimal waste, and labor costs.
- Must have 2 years of management experience in a full service, high volume restaurant.
- Solid track record of success in previous assignments demonstrating upward career tracking
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Culinary school background a plus