Club Director - Texas ACE
Working in the capacity of Site Director for Texas ACE Program,
the Club Director will oversee
the planning, implementation, management and evaluation of the Texas ACE
Program at the assigned center. Directs overall daily operations of the designated Club. Primary concern for programs and service
delivery, supervision and training of staff, facilities management, community
relations and membership administration.
- Bachelor’s Degree in education or
- Master’s Degree in education or related
to maintain positive working relationships with the public and frontline staff
organization and time management skills
written and verbal communication skills
degree of computer proficiency using Microsoft Office
Preferred - Ability to communicate in native
language(s) of program recipients
working with high risk children and families
in staff supervision
of community resources
Preferred – 21st CCLC or After School /
Summer School Program experience
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Organize and work closely with
school administration to implement program
- Ensure high-quality program
services and support to enrolled students that meets the Texas ACE Program
objectives in an effective manner
- Assure regular student
participation, as defined by program requirements, by monitoring
attendance and taking steps to ensure that regular student counts are met
- Coordinate data entry and
evaluation of program at the center
- Establish Club programs, activities and
services that prepare youth for success and that create a club environment
that facilitates achievement of Youth Development Outcomes.
- Ensure a healthy, safe environment, ensuring
facilities, equipment and supplies are maintained.
- Ensure that members are encouraged to
participate in variety of program areas/activities and receive instruction
and feedback to develop skills in program area(s)
- Oversee proper record keeping and reporting.
- Recruit, train, and develop frontline staff to
achieve intended objectives
- Lead and facilitate ongoing planning efforts
including community outreach.
- Coordinate with community stakeholders to
establish a sustainability plan to be implemented at the conclusion of
- Manage Club financial resources. Control
expenditures against budget.
- Ensure administrative and operational systems
are in place to maintain the operations of the physical properties and
equipment of the Club, including the use of facilities by outside
groups. Ensure compliance with organization policies.
- Conduct regular evaluations, conduct regular
staff meetings and provide ongoing feedback regarding employee
- Develop partnerships with parents, community
leaders and organizations.
and Public Relations
- Develop and maintain public relations to
increase the visibility of programs, services and activities within the
Club and community.
- Coordinate outside resources and experiential
learning opportunities to enhance programs.
- Conduct tours and host club visits and/or
activity such as periodic standing, walking, sitting, basic motor skills to
access computer files for information or simple data entry. Occasional travel
along with frequent prolonged and irregular hours. Ability to communicate
effectively (verbal and written); interpret policy, procedures, and data;
coordinate campus functions; maintain emotional control under stress. May
occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
The information presented indicates the general nature of
work and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It
is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory
of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees
assigned to this job.
BOYS & GIRLS CLUBS OF GREATER HOUSTON INC. is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled