Summary of Position:
Accurately and efficiently cook a variety of food products as well as prepare and portion food products prior to cooking. Also perform other duties in areas of food preparation to assure the smooth operation of the kitchen.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete all assigned opening duties to prepare the kitchen for efficient operation.
- Restock and replenish inventory and supplies as needed and inform management of any inventory shortages.
- Prepare all food items prior to and during meal time periods according to computer generated food orders.
- Follow proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
- Prepare, slice and chop meat, cheese, vegetables and other food products.
- Stock and maintain sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant’s recipe, portioning, cooking, and serving standards.
- Apply knowledge of safe operation of all kitchen equipment to include fryer, pots and pans, stove, oven, grill, dishwasher, broiler, griddle, slicers, mixers, blenders, graters, can opener, knifes, microwaves, and all other kitchen equipment.
- Communicate with servers in a professional manner regarding guest orders.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspections. Notify the Manager of maintenance needs.
- Communicate health and/or safety concerns or violations immediately to the Manager.
- Examine, label and store incoming food supplies in storage and refrigeration areas appropriately. Handles, stores and rotates all products properly.
- Maintain a clean kitchen at all times by wiping the counters and equipment regularly, disposing of debris.
- Maintain cleanliness in all areas of the kitchen including counters, sinks, equipment, utensils, shelves and storage areas.
- Maintain food product inventory and notify the Manager of any shortages.
- Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, county and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements of the restaurant, employees and guests.
- Check and maintain proper food holding and refrigeration temperature control points.
- Attend corporate meetings, staff meetings and other seminars as requested.
- Complete closing duties as assigned. Restock and replenish inventory and supplies as needed.
- Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations as directed by the Manager
- Provide advice, assistance and suggestions to the Manager as needed and perform other duties as assigned.