Liberty Career Finance, LLC sister company of Continental Finance, LLC is an entrepreneurial, growing financial services organization located in Wilmington, Delaware. As part of a small team of associates, the Loan Servicing Specialist/Underwriter will have the following full-time responsibilities:
· Completes underwriting of loans by translating loan application and credit bureau information to make calculated decisions to ensure risk is minimized to the organization;
· Individual uses mostly pre-established guidelines and some judgment to complete underwriting decision;
· Liaison with the schools to communicate underwriting decisions;
· Completes loan documents using Microsoft Word merge program
· Verifies files in preparation of funding including completion of exit interviews, verifying employment, e-mailing loan documents to employers for tuition reimbursement and payroll deduction, verifying phone numbers and compiling funding documents;
· Inputting and maintaining auto ACH and debit/credit card payments for newly funded loans and changes to existing loans;
· Following up with customer related to delinquent accounts, payment arrangements, settlements and general correspondence;
· Provide support for development of a new loan system through implementation;
· Creating, updating and maintaining spreadsheets in Excel;
· Provide general administrative support for the vocational loan program;
· May perform other duties as assigned.
· Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of customers both internally and externally;
· Previous underwriting experience preferred in credit card or loan environment, but not required
· Proven ability to use good judgment in decision making
· Proven experience and proficiency in Microsoft Word and some advanced functions of Excel required; Access experience preferred;
· Proven ability to manage multiple priorities while meeting daily, weekly and monthly deadlines;
· Strong math acumen and problem solving skills;
· Easily works in a fast paced, changing environment while being very detailed oriented;
· Willing to provide full scope of responsibilities from general clerical responsibilities to more advanced tasks.
· Bi-lingual in Spanish preferred but not required.
· Associates Degree or two years of equivalent work experience required.
Liberty Career Finance offers a good starting salary and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability as well as life insurance and a great paid time off program.
CONTINENTAL FINANCE COMPANY is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled