Our Story So Far
Founded in 1862, FAO Schwarz is one of the oldest and most iconic toy retailers in the world. Frederick August Otto Schwarz dreamed of a marvelous, bountiful emporium full of extraordinary, one-of-a-kind toys from all over the world. His dream became a reality, and as one of America's oldest brands, we have provided this wonder to families for more than 160 years.
The Funko Associate will be responsible for delivering the in-store Funko Experience. This role is an ambassador for the brand and is an enthusiastic and motivated team player who is passionate about pop culture and using product knowledge to guide guests and generate sales.
Reporting to: Store Manager
What Youâ€™ll Do
- Build authentic connections with guests to give them a unique shopping experience.
- Be the expert for Funko products, using effective selling techniques to provide in-depth product knowledge in a fast-paced, specialty retail environment.
- Provide excellent service to effectively guide guests through the Funko in-store experience.
- Handle multiple guests simultaneously without compromising their experience.
- Be a confident performer, using scripted talking points to bring the guest into the world of Funko, improvising throughout as needed.
- Complete inventory, shipment, and other administrative duties as required.
- Maintain product planogram and merchandising standards to deliver a consistent display of product.
- Be able to adapt your style to effectively engage both children and adults.
What You Have
- 1+ year experience in a fast-paced premium retail or experience-based environment.
- Experience in a performing or teaching background a plus.
- Capable of lifting up to 25 pounds, and bending, twisting, and standing for long periods of time.
- A love of the FAO and Funko brands that translates to fantastic guest experiences and a continued development of product knowledge.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and interpersonal ability.
- Ability to demonstrate ownership of a department and complete weekly checklists to maintain supply and inventory levels.
- Flexible availability in line with a Flagship Retail environment across days, evenings and weekends.
This job description should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by this role. Employees are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
FAO Schwarz is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws.
FAO Schwarz strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, interns, or any other covered persons, on the basis of age, race, color, religion, creed, national origin including ancestry, ethnicity, sex including pregnancy, gender identity, and transgender status, gender, physical or mental disability, including gender dysphoria and similar gender-related conditions, alienage or citizenship status, military status, including past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information, predisposing genetic characteristics, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, actual or perceived sexual orientation, unemployment status, caregiver status, credit history, salary history, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state and local laws, with respect to hiring, promotion, discipline, firing, compensation, benefits, or other terms, conditions or privileges of employment.
If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, or during the course of your employment, please contact the Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply online at faoschwarz.com/pages/careers; Indeed.com; or GetHired.com
FAO Schwarz is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled