Assistant General Manager - Gahan House Harbourview
At Murphy Hospitality Group we pride ourselves on an exceptionally high standard of quality service and products. It takes the best people to reach this higher standard of excellence. We believe in extensive training and providing our people with an excellent benefits program, competitive wages, advancement, and professional development opportunities. At MHG it’s all about the people!
Gahan House Harbourview
At the Gahan House, we believe in great beer, great food, and providing the highest level of service through our genuine hospitality. We aim to elevate the brew-pub experience for every guest by using fresh local ingredients in both our handcrafted beers and delicious food. The 'Gahan Experience' is a memorable one and that's because of our people, beer, and food.
As Assistant General Manager, You Will
Work with the Front of House management team and take an active role in all aspects of restaurant operations including labour management, guest reservations, service excellence, scheduling and building a positive culture. They will be confident, and goal oriented with the ability to demonstrate outstanding leadership, a positive attitude and someone who thinks guest service first.
- Demonstrate and communicate the Gahan vision to all team members and lead by example while overseeing the daily operations of the restaurant
- Ensuring team members provide a memorable guest experience through coaching and fostering a positive working culture by reinforcing the MHG values daily, exciting team members with their positive nature and providing training
- Work with the General Manager and management team to meet all projected goals when it comes to restaurant operations and the vision of MHG including marketing, human resources, financials, and cost controls
- Encourage a culture that revolves around memorable guest experiences, craft beer and quality food
- Lead by example, train and develop team members in various positions within the front of house
- Guest and team member management through conflict resolution and problem-solving, working to build and maintain authentic relationships with guests and team members
- Create and manage labour schedules per budgeted costs and performance management for Front of House team members
- Support front of house team members on the floor as needed during busy service; touching tables, expediting, serving, and hosting as needed
Who You Are / What You Bring
- Applicants should possess 1-2 years experience working in a full-service high-volume restaurant. Pervious experience in a front of house supervisory or management position will be considered an asset
- Post-secondary diploma/degree in business hospitality
- Applicants must possess a passion for the guest experience and the food service industry, and a desire for personal and professional development
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multitask and plan ahead in a fast-paced environment, juggling different priorities
- Applicants must demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible with the ability to work days, evenings, and weekends as required
- Must be a positive, goal-oriented individual with a desire for personal and professional development within the hospitality industry.
- A post-secondary diploma/degree in business or hospitality management is considered an asset
What We Offer
- RRSP Match
- Growth and professional development opportunities
- Employee Family Assistance Programs
- Comprehensive Health, Vision and Dental Benefits
- MHG Wellness & Fitness programs
- Discounts from local shops and MHG locations
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position