Facilities is responsible for performing routine and preventative maintenance to protect the assets of the resort and to keep the resort running smoothly. Ensures a safe, quality resort experience that improves guest satisfaction.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform preventative maintenance in guest rooms and on equipment, including painting, wallpapering, sheet rock, tile repair, changing light bulbs and filter cleaning.
- Perform swimming pool maintenance duties according to manufacturer specifications and local health department regulations.
- Respond promptly to elevator breakdowns.
- Respond and resolve maintenance service requests in a courteous, efficient, safe manner.
- Assist with outdoor seasonal work including snow removal.
- Maintain accurate maintenance records.
- Practice safe work habits and comply with sanitary, safety, security and emergency procedures.
- All guests must be treated in a manner to ensure their complete satisfaction. Always strive to exceed guests’ expectations.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Weekly attendance to Aloha Culture Meeting.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Guest Focus.
- Problem-solving Skills.
- Organizational Skills.
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
This position operates in indoors and outdoors in a hotel setting. This role requires good physical resilience and ability to work at a high pace while standing throughout the day.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping and crouching. This position may require employee to work outside in all inclement/extreme conditions. The position may require lifting of products weighing up to 75 pounds.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
Stand- Over 2/3rd of the time
Walk- Over 2/3rd of the time
Sit- Under 1/3rd of the time
Use hands to fingers, handle or feel- Over 2/3rd of the time
Reach with arms and hands- Over 2/3rd of the time
Climb or balance- Up to 2/3rd of the time
Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl- Up to 2/3rd of the time
Talk or hear- Over 2/3rd of the time
Lift minimum of 5lbs.- 75 lbs.- Over 2/3rd of the time
Adherence to all policy and procedures delineated in the ICONA Handbook
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. This role requires forty, plus hours to include, nights weekends and holidays.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma, or equivalent.
- Prior Maintenance experience.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Certification from technical school.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.