The restaurant host is responsible for providing an excellent first impression to guests entering the restaurant, greeting and seating guests for dining service and assisting with staff efforts to provide a quality dining experience. Qualified candidates must be at least 16 years old and available to work days, evenings, weekends and holidays. The work schedule will be dictated by business, but candidates should typically be available to work 4:00 pm - 10:00 pm with daytime hours on weekends through Labor Day.
- Warmly greets guests upon arrival and ensures their comfort, if waiting.
- Plans and coordinates timely seating of guests.
- Escorts guests to table and provides menus and wine list.
- Makes menu recommendations and provides information on resort activities, as needed.
fair distribution of tables to servers while maximizing restaurant seating.
- Assists with providing quality service by informing servers of guest issues or special requests.
- Responds courteously to guests and customers with correct information regarding our restaurants, menus, and hours of operation.
contact with chef providing information to kitchen regarding reservations
and volume of customers.
- Completes assigned side work.
- Communicates, coordinates and takes direction from the Food & Beverage Director and Managers.
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required to interact professionally with members, guests, and coworkers.
- Meets the highest standards of personal grooming.
- Demonstrates teamwork and positive demeanor.
- Requires moderate physical activity. Must be able to lift, push and/or carry, average-weight objects, up to 20 pounds, and standing and/or walking for more than four (8) hours per day.
- Work involves moderate exposure to hot, humid environment.
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
Education & Experience:
We are looking for hardworking and reliable people who are committed to providing excellent customer service and want to be a part of the Rumbling Bald team. We aim to provide a fun and enjoyable work environment for all Associates. During your time off, spend your day on the lake, enjoy our hiking trails, beach, pools, tennis and golf courses.
Rumbling Bald Resort is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled